matroska.h

Mark Filipak (ffmpeg)
Please, enlighten this poor bastard.

matroska.h is here:
  http://patches.ffmpeg.org/doxygen/0.5/matroska_8h-source.html

So, what is this:
  http://patches.ffmpeg.org/doxygen/0.5/matroska_8h.html
and why does it exist?

--
In U.S. History: The House Un-American Activities Committee was a committee of the House of
Representatives that engaged in un-American activities.

Re: matroska.h

Rob Hallam-2
Since no-one else has yet weighed in.

On Fri, 5 Mar 2021 at 05:57, Mark Filipak (ffmpeg) <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Please, enlighten this poor bastard.

Doxygen is "a documentation generator and static analysis tool for software
source trees".

The first link you include is the source listing for matroska.h, a header
file.

On the basis of the '0.5' in the URL,  I assume that this was the contents
of the file itself at release 0.5. The second link is the 'generated
documentation', which shows things like where something is defined, enum
structures, and where things are referenced. For example, here's one
picked at random:

> #define MATROSKA_ID_CLUSTER   0x1F43B675
>Definition at line 62 of file matroska.h.
>
>Referenced by ebml_parse_id(), matroska_parse_seekhead_entry(),
matroska_resync(), and mkv_write_packet_internal().

clicking on the links on the page itself will take you to the relevant
parts of the source. This is a similar to features that modern IDEs
provide (jump to definition, see function signature, etc).

Note there's a version of these for 4.1 (for example):

https://www.ffmpeg.org/doxygen/4.1/matroska_8h_source.html
https://www.ffmpeg.org/doxygen/4.1/matroska_8h.html

or for current trunk:

https://ffmpeg.org/doxygen/trunk/matroska_8h_source.html
https://ffmpeg.org/doxygen/trunk/matroska_8h.html

which is regenerated nightly, according to
https://ffmpeg.org/documentation.html,
under "API Documentation".

HTH. Others please correct me if I am wrong anywhere.

Cheers,
Rob