Quantcast

h264 problem

Francisco Esparza

Hello,

I'm working with a H264 ip camera, openRTSP and openCV with FFMPEG
codecs, I get the video stream from the camera using openRTSP and send
it to a named pipe, then I use openCV to open it and process the frames
in real time.

My problem is that there are some corrupt frames that FFMPEG can't
decode and instead of discarding them, it gets stuck trying to decode
them.

In previous versions of FFMPEG I didn't have this issue because it just
simply discarded the corrupted frames.

"number of reference frames exceeds max (probably corrupt input),
discarding one"

Any help will be really appreciated.

Thanks.

Re: h264 problem

Jason Garrett-Glaser
On Fri, Sep 24, 2010 at 12:00 PM, Francisco Esparza <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm working with a H264 ip camera, openRTSP and openCV with FFMPEG
> codecs, I get the video stream from the camera using openRTSP and send
> it to a named pipe, then I use openCV to open it and process the frames
> in real time.
>
> My problem is that there are some corrupt frames that FFMPEG can't
> decode and instead of discarding them, it gets stuck trying to decode
> them.
>
> In previous versions of FFMPEG I didn't have this issue because it just
> simply discarded the corrupted frames.

It's hard to diagnose the problem without a sample.

Dark Shikari