ffmpeg MPEG short header avi file

Lorenzo Restelli
Hi,
I have a problem when storing my h263 bitstream into avi file. I know that
h263 baseline bitstream is the same of MPEG-4 short header one... so I mean
that storing the simple h263 bitstream without MPEg4 configuration headers
(VOS, VO, not VOL because short header is enabled) is the correct way. The
problem arises when I set the fourcc bits not to 'h263' but one of the MPEG4
support existtant. If I make it, the decoder doesn't recognize the stream.
Why? the only way to decode it is setting 'h263' into avi fourcc bit, but in
this way the h263 decoder is activated. How could I use a real MPEG4 decoedr
to decode my input stram file?

Thanks inadvance

shannonrex