configure problem

Honi Sanders
I am on Mac OSX 10.8.
I tried to configure and got an error message

yasm not found, use --disable-yasm for a crippled build

If you think configure made a mistake, make sure you are using the latest
version from Git.  If the latest version fails, report the problem to the
[hidden email] mailing list or IRC #ffmpeg on irc.freenode.net.
Include the log file "config.log" produced by configure as this will help
solving the problem.

config.log (151K) Download Attachment

Re: configure problem

Michael Bradshaw
On Thu, Oct 25, 2012 at 3:41 PM, Honi Sanders <[hidden email]>wrote:

> I am on Mac OSX 10.8.
> I tried to configure and got an error message
>
> yasm not found, use --disable-yasm for a crippled build

Then install yasm: http://yasm.tortall.net/

Re: configure problem

Honi Sanders
I didn't get a reply to my email account, but I see there was a reply here
http://ffmpeg-users.933282.n4.nabble.com/configure-problem-td4654419.html.
 It says to install yasm, but from the website, it looks like yasm is only
for windows, and I have a mac...

On Thu, Oct 25, 2012 at 5:41 PM, Honi Sanders <[hidden email]>wrote:

> I am on Mac OSX 10.8.
> I tried to configure and got an error message
>
> yasm not found, use --disable-yasm for a crippled build
>
> If you think configure made a mistake, make sure you are using the latest
> version from Git.  If the latest version fails, report the problem to the
> [hidden email] mailing list or IRC #ffmpeg on irc.freenode.net.
> Include the log file "config.log" produced by configure as this will help
> solving the problem.

Re: configure problem

Pavel Koshevoy
On 10/30/2012 9:54 AM, Honi Sanders wrote:
> I didn't get a reply to my email account, but I see there was a reply here
> http://ffmpeg-users.933282.n4.nabble.com/configure-problem-td4654419.html.
>   It says to install yasm, but from the website, it looks like yasm is only
> for windows, and I have a mac...

You can compile yasm yourself, or you can use macports to install yasm.
It's not just for windows.
If you have macports it's as simple as "sudo port install yasm"

     Pavel.

Re: configure problem

Michael Bradshaw
On Tue, Oct 30, 2012 at 9:54 AM, Honi Sanders <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I didn't get a reply to my email account, but I see there was a reply here
> http://ffmpeg-users.933282.n4.nabble.com/configure-problem-td4654419.html.
>  It says to install yasm, but from the website, it looks like yasm is only
> for windows, and I have a mac...

As Pavel says, you can use macports. Optionally, if you've got X Code
installed (so you can use gcc from the command line) building and
installing YASM (from source) is as easy as:

./configure
make
sudo make install

Re: configure problem

Jim Worrall

On Oct 30, 2012, at 1:54 PM, Michael Bradshaw <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Tue, Oct 30, 2012 at 9:54 AM, Honi Sanders <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> I didn't get a reply to my email account, but I see there was a reply here
>> http://ffmpeg-users.933282.n4.nabble.com/configure-problem-td4654419.html.
>> It says to install yasm, but from the website, it looks like yasm is only
>> for windows, and I have a mac...
>
> As Pavel says, you can use macports. Optionally, if you've got X Code
> installed (so you can use gcc from the command line) building and
> installing YASM (from source) is as easy as:

Since you are on OS 10.8, if you install the latest Xcode, it does not install the
command-line tools by default.  At least in Xcode 4.5, go to Preferences,
choose the Components tab, and there you can install command-line tools.
Jim

Re: configure problem

Michael Bradshaw
On Tue, Oct 30, 2012 at 6:39 PM, Jim Worrall <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Oct 30, 2012, at 1:54 PM, Michael Bradshaw <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> > On Tue, Oct 30, 2012 at 9:54 AM, Honi Sanders <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> >> I didn't get a reply to my email account, but I see there was a reply
> here
> >>
> http://ffmpeg-users.933282.n4.nabble.com/configure-problem-td4654419.html.
> >> It says to install yasm, but from the website, it looks like yasm is
> only
> >> for windows, and I have a mac...
> >
> > As Pavel says, you can use macports. Optionally, if you've got X Code
> > installed (so you can use gcc from the command line) building and
> > installing YASM (from source) is as easy as:
> >
> Since you are on OS 10.8, if you install the latest Xcode, it does not
> install the
> command-line tools by default.  At least in Xcode 4.5, go to Preferences,
> choose the Components tab, and there you can install command-line tools.
> Jim

I'm glad you mentioned that. I only just updated to OS X 10.8 and you saved
me from googling. Though for me it was under Preferences > Downloads &
select Command Line Tools.

--Michael