compile ffmpeg on MinGW

Zichao Wu
Hi, All

I am new on ffmpeg, I try to use MinGW gcc to compile a ffmpeg application,
and I got the following error:

C:/msys/1.0/local/include/inttypes.h:33:2: #error "Use this header only with
Microsoft Visual C++ compilers!"

I used the following gcc command to compile my first application

gcc hello.cpp -I/local/include

Please advice, thanks in advance!

Here is my first ffmpeg application:

hello.cpp

#include <stdlib.h>

#include <stdio.h>

#include <string.h>

#include <math.h>

#include <ffmpeg/avformat.h>

//#include <ffmpeg/avcodec.h>

#include <ffmpeg/swscale.h>

//#include <ffmpeg/fifo.h>

int main()

{

      printf("Hello World");

      return(1);

}

Thanks!

Zichao Wu

  _____

It has removed 4850 spam emails to date.
Try SPAMfighter <http://www.spamfighter.com/len>  for free now!

Re: compile ffmpeg on MinGW

JonY-2
Zichao Wu wrote:

> Hi, All
>

> I am new on ffmpeg, I try to use MinGW gcc to compile a ffmpeg application,
> and I got the following error:
>
> C:/msys/1.0/local/include/inttypes.h:33:2: #error "Use this header only with
> Microsoft Visual C++ compilers!"
>

> I used the following gcc command to compile my first application
>

> gcc hello.cpp -I/local/include
>

> Please advice, thanks in advance!

Hi,
did you mix MSVC headers with MinGW's? The error seems to say so.
Hello world has nothing to do with ffmpeg.