Quantcast

compil ffmpeg with alsa support

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
10 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

compil ffmpeg with alsa support

khenyh
Hi,

I need your help to configure ffmpeg so as to use alsa.
I have downloaded version 0.5 of ffmpeg. But I can't find how to enable
alsa.
I have tried "configure --enable-muxer=alsa --enable-demuxer=alsa". Then I
looked at config.h and I can see "#define ENABLE_ALSA_MUXER 0", "#define
ENABLE_ALSA_MUXER 0".

Is there something I have missed ?

Nicolas Krieger
_______________________________________________
ffmpeg-user mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mplayerhq.hu/mailman/listinfo/ffmpeg-user
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: compil ffmpeg with alsa support

JD-3
I have the svn source of about 5 days ago, and I
ran ./configure --help and it spits out all the
configurable options. None of them contains the
word alsa or ALSA or Alsa.

Cheers,

JD


Nicolas Krieger wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I need your help to configure ffmpeg so as to use alsa.
> I have downloaded version 0.5 of ffmpeg. But I can't find how to enable
> alsa.
> I have tried "configure --enable-muxer=alsa --enable-demuxer=alsa". Then I
> looked at config.h and I can see "#define ENABLE_ALSA_MUXER 0", "#define
> ENABLE_ALSA_MUXER 0".
>
> Is there something I have missed ?
>
> Nicolas Krieger
> _______________________________________________
> ffmpeg-user mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://lists.mplayerhq.hu/mailman/listinfo/ffmpeg-user
>
>  
_______________________________________________
ffmpeg-user mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mplayerhq.hu/mailman/listinfo/ffmpeg-user
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: compil ffmpeg with alsa support

JD-3
In reply to this post by khenyh
You might want to first install alsa-lib, alsa-lib-devel...etc.
then run configure.
There are numerous alsa packages, such as
alsa-utils
alsa-tools
alsa-plugins-vdownmix
alsa-plugins-usbstream
alsa-plugins-upmix
alsa-plugins-samplerate
alsa-plugins-pulseaudio
alsa-plugins-oss
alsa-plugins-jack
alsa-plugins-pulseaudio
alsa-plugins-oss
alsa-plugins-jack
alsa-plugins
alsa-oss-libs
alsa-oss-devel
alsa-oss
alsa-lib-devel
alsa-lib
alsa-kmdl
alsa-firmware
alsa-driver-devel
alsa-driver

JD


Nicolas Krieger wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I need your help to configure ffmpeg so as to use alsa.
> I have downloaded version 0.5 of ffmpeg. But I can't find how to enable
> alsa.
> I have tried "configure --enable-muxer=alsa --enable-demuxer=alsa". Then I
> looked at config.h and I can see "#define ENABLE_ALSA_MUXER 0", "#define
> ENABLE_ALSA_MUXER 0".
>
> Is there something I have missed ?
>
> Nicolas Krieger
> _______________________________________________
> ffmpeg-user mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://lists.mplayerhq.hu/mailman/listinfo/ffmpeg-user
>
>  
_______________________________________________
ffmpeg-user mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mplayerhq.hu/mailman/listinfo/ffmpeg-user
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: compil ffmpeg with alsa support

khenyh
In reply to this post by JD-3
2009/6/23 JD <[hidden email]>

> I have the svn source of about 5 days ago, and I
> ran ./configure --help and it spits out all the
> configurable options. None of them contains the
> word alsa or ALSA or Alsa.
>

Yes, I know. In the source code, I have seen files for the use of alsa
(libavdecide/alsa-audio-dec.c for example).

But these files (for alsa support) are not compiled. What a do is a little
crappy, but I can then compile these files :

I run configure --extra-libs=-lasound,
then I modify config.h and config.mak
and then run make.

And the alsa files are compiled.

There is certainly another way to do.

I am using ffmpeg library and I need alsa files. I manage to do what I want,
but it is not clean.
_______________________________________________
ffmpeg-user mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mplayerhq.hu/mailman/listinfo/ffmpeg-user
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: compil ffmpeg with alsa support

JD-3
Clean or not, you can't argue with 'it works'! :) :)

Cheers,

JD

Nicolas Krieger wrote:

> 2009/6/23 JD <[hidden email]>
>
>  
>> I have the svn source of about 5 days ago, and I
>> ran ./configure --help and it spits out all the
>> configurable options. None of them contains the
>> word alsa or ALSA or Alsa.
>>
>>    
>
> Yes, I know. In the source code, I have seen files for the use of alsa
> (libavdecide/alsa-audio-dec.c for example).
>
> But these files (for alsa support) are not compiled. What a do is a little
> crappy, but I can then compile these files :
>
> I run configure --extra-libs=-lasound,
> then I modify config.h and config.mak
> and then run make.
>
> And the alsa files are compiled.
>
> There is certainly another way to do.
>
> I am using ffmpeg library and I need alsa files. I manage to do what I want,
> but it is not clean.
> _______________________________________________
> ffmpeg-user mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://lists.mplayerhq.hu/mailman/listinfo/ffmpeg-user
>
>  
_______________________________________________
ffmpeg-user mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mplayerhq.hu/mailman/listinfo/ffmpeg-user
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: compil ffmpeg with alsa support

khenyh
2009/6/24 JD <[hidden email]>

> Clean or not, you can't argue with 'it works'! :) :)
>
> Cheers,
>
> JD
>

That's why I'm looking for a better solution.


In the changelog version 0.5:

- ALSA support for playback and record

There is code for alsa support in libavdevice, how must I run configure so
as I can use alsa ?
_______________________________________________
ffmpeg-user mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mplayerhq.hu/mailman/listinfo/ffmpeg-user
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: compil ffmpeg with alsa support

Stefano Sabatini
On date Wednesday 2009-06-24 17:37:36 +0200, Nicolas Krieger encoded:

> 2009/6/24 JD <[hidden email]>
>
> > Clean or not, you can't argue with 'it works'! :) :)
> >
> > Cheers,
> >
> > JD
> >
>
> That's why I'm looking for a better solution.
>
>
> In the changelog version 0.5:
>
> - ALSA support for playback and record
>
> There is code for alsa support in libavdevice, how must I run configure so
> as I can use alsa ?

Grepping the configure you can find these lines:
alsa_demuxer_deps="alsa_asoundlib_h snd_pcm_htimestamp"
alsa_demuxer_extralibs="-lasound"
alsa_muxer_deps="alsa_asoundlib_h"
alsa_muxer_extralibs="-lasound"

which establish the dependencies which enable the alsa demuxer/muxer
(yes that should be indev/outdev, patch for that pending).

Grepping again configure you can find:
check_lib2 alsa/asoundlib.h snd_pcm_htimestamp -lasound

This line checks for some headers and functions of alsa to see if it
is present in the system, and enables the dependencies symbol
(alsa/asoundlib.h -> alsa_asoundlib_h) which will be used to
enable/disable the alsa devices.

So at the end you have to verify that your system has the
alsa/asoundlib.h header and the snd_pcm_htimestamp function, you can
look at the actual log of the check executed by configure grepping
your config.err file, my bet is that your system/environment is
somehow misconfigured so configure can't find hte asoundlib.h header.

The FFmpeg configure script is a rare beast of beauty, so I hope
you'll enjoy reading it ;-).

Regards.
--
ffmpeg-user random tip #19
X11 session recording with ffmpeg:
ffmpeg -f oss -i /dev/audio -f x11grab -s $WIDTHx$HEIGHT -r 5 -i :0.0 \
    x11-session.avi
Use xdpyinfo to get WIDTH and HEIGHT values.
_______________________________________________
ffmpeg-user mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mplayerhq.hu/mailman/listinfo/ffmpeg-user
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: compil ffmpeg with alsa support

khenyh
2009/6/24 Stefano Sabatini <[hidden email]>

>
> Grepping the configure you can find these lines:
> alsa_demuxer_deps="alsa_asoundlib_h snd_pcm_htimestamp"
> alsa_demuxer_extralibs="-lasound"
> alsa_muxer_deps="alsa_asoundlib_h"
> alsa_muxer_extralibs="-lasound"
>
> which establish the dependencies which enable the alsa demuxer/muxer
> (yes that should be indev/outdev, patch for that pending).
>
> Grepping again configure you can find:
> check_lib2 alsa/asoundlib.h snd_pcm_htimestamp -lasound
>
> This line checks for some headers and functions of alsa to see if it
> is present in the system, and enables the dependencies symbol
> (alsa/asoundlib.h -> alsa_asoundlib_h) which will be used to
> enable/disable the alsa devices.
>
> So at the end you have to verify that your system has the
> alsa/asoundlib.h header and the snd_pcm_htimestamp function, you can
> look at the actual log of the check executed by configure grepping
> your config.err file, my bet is that your system/environment is
> somehow misconfigured so configure can't find hte asoundlib.h header.
>
> The FFmpeg configure script is a rare beast of beauty, so I hope
> you'll enjoy reading it ;-).
>


Ok.

As I can not update my version of ffmpeg, I took all the informations I
could find in version 0.5 and made a copy (without any modification when I
copied the informations for configure file). And as my system doesn't have
the snd_pcm_htimestamp function, I made modifications in the code to use
another function.

So I think I can/must remove all the reference to snd_pcm_htimestam.

Thank you all.

Nicolas Krieger
_______________________________________________
ffmpeg-user mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mplayerhq.hu/mailman/listinfo/ffmpeg-user
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: compil ffmpeg with alsa support

gipsyblues
In reply to this post by khenyh
@khenyh said:
*I run configure --extra-libs=-lasound,
then I modify config.h and config.mak
and then run make.


And the alsa files are compiled. *

I have successfully built ffmpeg with alsa support on a PC running Ubuntu
10.10. I do have libasound installed on this computer
. I tried to build another version of ffmpeg, this time for android - please
note that both versions have IDENTICAL libavdevice files. However in this
case I am missing alsa support. The alsa files in libavdevice do not compile
at all. This is what I can glean from the comfig.log file.

    jasongipsyblues@android-master:~/android-ffmpeg/Project/jni/ffmpeg$ cat
config.log|grep alsa

       alsa_indev

      alsa_outdev

    alsa_asoundlib_h

INDEV_LIST='alsa_indev

OUTDEV_LIST='alsa_outdev

alsa_indev='yes'

*alsa_indev_deps='alsa_asoundlib_h snd_pcm_htimestamp'*

alsa_outdev='yes'I run configure --extra-libs=-lasound,
then I modify config.h and config.mak
and then run make.

And the alsa files are compiled.
*alsa_outdev_deps='alsa_asoundlib_h'*
indevs_if_any='alsa_indev
outdevs_if_any='alsa_outdevI run configure --extra-libs=-lasound,
then I modify config.h and config.mak
and then run make.

And the alsa files are compiled.
*check_lib2 alsa/asoundlib.h snd_pcm_htimestamp -lasound*

check_func_headers alsa/asoundlib.h snd_pcm_htimestamp -lasound

    1 #include <alsa/asoundlib.h>

/tmp/ffconf.VCjQQAHQ.c:1:28: error: alsa/asoundlib.h: No such file or
directory*
It appears alsa/asoundlib.h and snd_pcm_htimestamp.c is needed for a
successful build. In the case of the android version these files are not
found
Comparing this build to that of the Ubuntu build, this is what I get when I
grep for alsa


*jasongipsyblues@android-master:~/ffmpeg$ cat config.log|grep alsa*

    alsa_indev

    alsa_outdev

    alsa_asoundlib_h

INDEV_LIST='alsa_indev

OUTDEV_LIST='alsa_outdev

alsa_indev='yes'

*alsa_indev_deps='alsa_asoundlib_h snd_pcm_htimestamp'*

alsa_outdev='yes'

*alsa_outdev_deps='alsa_asoundlib_h'*

indevs_if_any='alsa_indev
outdevs_if_any='alsa_outdev
*check_lib2 alsa/asoundlib.h snd_pcm_htimestamp -lasound*

*check_func_headers alsa/asoundlib.h snd_pcm_htimestamp -lasound*

   * 1 #include <alsa/asoundlib.h>*


In both cases the dependencies are check and both versions show identical
dependencies. However in the case of the android version, the check for the
dependencies fail. I have checked the compilers and the Ubuntu compiler does
not have any reference to where libasound is located, yet it is able to find
it.
 How does one add the ability to find the dependencies to the build for
android. @khenyh appears to have solved it however his write up is not
helpful
Any suggestions in this direction will be appreciated


khenyh wrote

>
> 2009/6/23 JD &lt;jd1008@&gt;
>
>> I have the svn source of about 5 days ago, and I
>> ran ./configure --help and it spits out all the
>> configurable options. None of them contains the
>> word alsa or ALSA or Alsa.
>>
>
> Yes, I know. In the source code, I have seen files for the use of alsa
> (libavdecide/alsa-audio-dec.c for example).
>
> But these files (for alsa support) are not compiled. What a do is a little
> crappy, but I can then compile these files :
>
> I run configure --extra-libs=-lasound,
> then I modify config.h and config.mak
> and then run make.
>
> And the alsa files are compiled.
>
> There is certainly another way to do.
>
> I am using ffmpeg library and I need alsa files. I manage to do what I
> want,
> but it is not clean.
> _______________________________________________
> ffmpeg-user mailing list
> ffmpeg-user@
> https://lists.mplayerhq.hu/mailman/listinfo/ffmpeg-user
>




--
View this message in context: http://ffmpeg-users.933282.n4.nabble.com/compil-ffmpeg-with-alsa-support-tp942078p4652921.html
Sent from the FFmpeg-users mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
_______________________________________________
ffmpeg-user mailing list
[hidden email]
http://ffmpeg.org/mailman/listinfo/ffmpeg-user
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: compil ffmpeg with alsa support

gipsyblues
In reply to this post by khenyh
@khenyh said: I run configure --extra-libs=-lasound, then I modify config.h and config.mak and then run make.
And the alsa files are compiled.


I run configure --extra-libs=-lasound, then I modify config.h and config.mak and then run make.

And the alsa files are compiled.
I have successfully built ffmpeg with alsa support on a PC running Ubuntu 10.10. I do have libasound installed on this computer

. I tried to build another version of ffmpeg, this time for android - please note that both versions have IDENTICAL libavdevice files. However in the android targeted case I am missing alsa support. The alsa files in libavdevice do not compile at all. This is what I can glean from the config.log file.
jasongipsyblues@android-master:~/android-ffmpeg/Project/jni/ffmpeg$ cat config.log|grep alsa
alsa_indev
alsa_outdev
alsa_asoundlib_h
INDEV_LIST='alsa_indev
OUTDEV_LIST='alsa_outdev
alsa_indev='yes'
alsa_indev_deps='alsa_asoundlib_h snd_pcm_htimestamp'
alsa_outdev='yes
alsa_outdev_deps='alsa_asoundlib_h' indevs_if_any='alsa_indev
outdevs_if_any='alsa_outdevI run configure --extra-libs=-lasound,
check_lib2 alsa/asoundlib.h snd_pcm_htimestamp -lasound
check_func_headers alsa/asoundlib.h snd_pcm_htimestamp -lasound
1 #include <alsa/asoundlib.h>
/tmp/ffconf.VCjQQAHQ.c:1:28: error: alsa/asoundlib.h: No such file or directory

It appears alsa/asoundlib.h and snd_pcm_htimestamp.c are needed for a successful build. In the case of the android version these files are not found

Comparing this build to that of the Ubuntu build, this is what I get when I grep for alsa

jasongipsyblues@android-master:~/ffmpeg$ cat config.log|grep alsa
alsa_indev
alsa_outdev
alsa_asoundlib_h
INDEV_LIST='alsa_indev
OUTDEV_LIST='alsa_outdev
alsa_indev='yes'
alsa_indev_deps='alsa_asoundlib_h snd_pcm_htimestamp'
alsa_outdev='yes'
alsa_outdev_deps='alsa_asoundlib_h'
indevs_if_any='alsa_indev outdevs_if_any='alsa_outdev check_lib2 alsa/asoundlib.h snd_pcm_htimestamp -lasound
check_func_headers alsa/asoundlib.h snd_pcm_htimestamp -lasound
1 #include <alsa/asoundlib.h>

In both cases the dependencies are checked and both versions show identical dependencies. However in the case of the android version, the check for the dependencies fail. I have checked the compilers and the Ubuntu compiler does not have any reference to where libasound is located, yet it is able to find it for the Ubuntu version

How does one add the ability to find the dependencies to the build for android. @khenyh appears to have solved it however his write up is not helpful

Any suggestions in this direction will be appreciated
khenyh wrote
2009/6/23 JD <[hidden email]> > I have the svn source of about 5 days ago, and I > ran ./configure --help and it spits out all the > configurable options. None of them contains the > word alsa or ALSA or Alsa. > Yes, I know. In the source code, I have seen files for the use of alsa (libavdecide/alsa-audio-dec.c for example). But these files (for alsa support) are not compiled. What a do is a little crappy, but I can then compile these files : I run configure --extra-libs=-lasound, then I modify config.h and config.mak and then run make. And the alsa files are compiled. There is certainly another way to do. I am using ffmpeg library and I need alsa files. I manage to do what I want, but it is not clean. _______________________________________________ ffmpeg-user mailing list [hidden email] https://lists.mplayerhq.hu/mailman/listinfo/ffmpeg-user
Loading...