astats to csv file

Benjamin Houtman
I'm trying to find a simple way to push a file's astats metadata to a csv
file with headers. It feels like it should be easy to do, but I've not been
successful so far.
Thanks

Re: astats to csv file

Paul B Mahol
On Thu, Feb 11, 2021 at 2:13 PM Benjamin Houtman <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> I'm trying to find a simple way to push a file's astats metadata to a csv
> file with headers. It feels like it should be easy to do, but I've not been
> successful so far.

Tried ffprobe csv output with filtering?

> Thanks

Re: astats to csv file

Benjamin Houtman
I've tried ffprobe at a basic level but it doesn't provide what I'm looking
for, at least as I know how to use it. I basically want the
"Parsed_astats..."  outputs in columns as header: value, for multiple wav
files in a folder.

On Thu, Feb 11, 2021 at 8:16 AM Paul B Mahol <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Thu, Feb 11, 2021 at 2:13 PM Benjamin Houtman <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> > I'm trying to find a simple way to push a file's astats metadata to a csv
> > file with headers. It feels like it should be easy to do, but I've not
> been
> > successful so far.
> >

> Tried ffprobe csv output with filtering?
>

> > Thanks

Benjamin Houtman
Archivist

Terminal Saved Output.txt (7K) Download Attachment

Re: astats to csv file

Paul B Mahol
On Thu, Feb 11, 2021 at 2:35 PM Benjamin Houtman <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> I've tried ffprobe at a basic level but it doesn't provide what I'm looking
> for, at least as I know how to use it. I basically want the
> "Parsed_astats..."  outputs in columns as header: value, for multiple wav
> files in a folder.

ffprobe -f lavfi -i amovie=X.flac,astats=metadata=1 -show_frames

> On Thu, Feb 11, 2021 at 8:16 AM Paul B Mahol <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > On Thu, Feb 11, 2021 at 2:13 PM Benjamin Houtman <[hidden email]>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > I'm trying to find a simple way to push a file's astats metadata to a
> csv
> > > file with headers. It feels like it should be easy to do, but I've not
> > been
> > > successful so far.
> > >

> > Tried ffprobe csv output with filtering?
> >

> > > Thanks

> Benjamin Houtman
> Archivist

Re: astats to csv file

Benjamin Houtman
How would that translate into a csv file?

On Thu, Feb 11, 2021 at 8:47 AM Paul B Mahol <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Thu, Feb 11, 2021 at 2:35 PM Benjamin Houtman <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> > I've tried ffprobe at a basic level but it doesn't provide what I'm
> looking
> > for, at least as I know how to use it. I basically want the
> > "Parsed_astats..."  outputs in columns as header: value, for multiple wav
> > files in a folder.
> >

> ffprobe -f lavfi -i amovie=X.flac,astats=metadata=1 -show_frames
>

> > On Thu, Feb 11, 2021 at 8:16 AM Paul B Mahol <[hidden email]> wrote:

> > csv
> not
> > > been
> > > >

> > > Tried ffprobe csv output with filtering?

> > --
> > Benjamin Houtman
> > Archivist

Benjamin Houtman
Archivist

Re: astats to csv file

Pieter Venter
On Thu, Feb 11, 2021 at 9:48 AM Benjamin Houtman <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> How would that translate into a csv file?

ffprobe -f lavfi -i amovie=X.flac,astats=metadata=1 -show_frames -of csv

See this section:
http://ffmpeg.org/ffprobe.html#toc-Writers

> On Thu, Feb 11, 2021 at 8:47 AM Paul B Mahol <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > On Thu, Feb 11, 2021 at 2:35 PM Benjamin Houtman <[hidden email]>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > I've tried ffprobe at a basic level but it doesn't provide what I'm
> > looking
> > > for, at least as I know how to use it. I basically want the
> > > "Parsed_astats..."  outputs in columns as header: value, for multiple
> wav
> > > files in a folder.
> > >

> > ffprobe -f lavfi -i amovie=X.flac,astats=metadata=1 -show_frames

> [hidden email]>

> to a
> > > csv
> > not

> > > --
> > > Benjamin Houtman
> > > Archivist

> Benjamin Houtman
> Archivist

Re: astats to csv file

Michael Koch
Am 11.02.2021 um 15:48 schrieb Benjamin Houtman:
> How would that translate into a csv file?

The example in chapter 2.113 of my book might help. It's for another
filter, but also with *.csv output.
http://www.astro-electronic.de/FFmpeg_Book.pdf

Michael

Re: astats to csv file

Benjamin Houtman
Thank you,
I ran the

ffprobe -f lavfi -i amovie=X.flac,astats=metadata=1 -show_frames -of csv

command, but I don't need the entire printout, just the "Parsed_astats..."
data that appears at the end of the printout. How would I limit the results
to just that?

On Thu, Feb 11, 2021 at 10:07 AM Michael Koch <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Am 11.02.2021 um 15:48 schrieb Benjamin Houtman:
> > How would that translate into a csv file?
>
> The example in chapter 2.113 of my book might help. It's for another
> filter, but also with *.csv output.
> http://www.astro-electronic.de/FFmpeg_Book.pdf
>
> Michael

Benjamin Houtman
Archivist

Re: astats to csv file

Paul B Mahol
On Thu, Feb 11, 2021 at 4:40 PM Benjamin Houtman <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Thank you,
> I ran the
>
> ffprobe -f lavfi -i amovie=X.flac,astats=metadata=1 -show_frames -of csv
>
> command, but I don't need the entire printout, just the "Parsed_astats..."
> data that appears at the end of the printout. How would I limit the results
> to just that?

It is not written as example but with english skills you can find that
command is:
ffprobe -f lavfi -i amovie=INPUT.flac,astats=metadata=1 -show_entries
tags=lavfi.astats.Overall.Noise_floor_count

> On Thu, Feb 11, 2021 at 10:07 AM Michael Koch <[hidden email]
> >
> wrote:
>
> > Am 11.02.2021 um 15:48 schrieb Benjamin Houtman:
> > > How would that translate into a csv file?
> >
> > The example in chapter 2.113 of my book might help. It's for another
> > filter, but also with *.csv output.
> > http://www.astro-electronic.de/FFmpeg_Book.pdf
> >
> > Michael

> Benjamin Houtman
> Archivist

Re: astats to csv file

Reino Wijnsma
On 2021-02-11T16:39:47+0100, Benjamin Houtman <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I ran the
>
> ffprobe -f lavfi -i amovie=X.flac,astats=metadata=1 -show_frames -of csv
>
> command, but I don't need the entire printout, just the "Parsed_astats..."
> data that appears at the end of the printout. How would I limit the results
> to just that?
You could try Xidel [1] to parse FFprobe's output.

Assuming you're on Windows:

ffprobe -f lavfi -i "amovie='X.flac',astats=metadata=1" 2>&1 | xidel - -se "x:lines($raw)[starts-with(.,'[Parsed_astats')] ! replace(substring(.,30),': ',',')"

Swap the single- and double-quotes if you're on Unix.

[1]: http://videlibri.sourceforge.net/xidel.html

--
Reino