aax to m4b with chapters

Max Blindenhoefer
Hi,

is it possible to copy chapters with ffmpeg, when you encode an aax file to m4b or convert to  mp3 format? I tried "-map_chapters" but couldn’t find out which parameters work with that command.

Greetings
Max

Gesendet von Mail<https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=550986> für Windows 10

Re: aax to m4b with chapters

Paul B Mahol
Everything is explained fine in documentation.

On Fri, Feb 26, 2021 at 12:51 PM Max Blindenhoefer <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> is it possible to copy chapters with ffmpeg, when you encode an aax file
> to m4b or convert to  mp3 format? I tried "-map_chapters" but couldn’t find
> out which parameters work with that command.
>
> Greetings
> Max
>
> Gesendet von Mail<https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=550986> für
> Windows 10

Re: aax to m4b with chapters

Max Blindenhoefer
I read the Documentation, but didn’t understand everything. What am i supposed to insert after the command „-map_chapters“ and what is meant with „Input_file_index“?

Re: aax to m4b with chapters

Moritz Barsnick
On Fri, Feb 26, 2021 at 12:30:10 +0000, Max Blindenhoefer wrote:

> I read the Documentation, but didn’t understand everything. What am i
> supposed to insert after the command „-map_chapters“ and what is
> meant with „Input_file_index“?

Th input file index is explained e.g. in this chapter:
https://ffmpeg.org/ffmpeg.html#toc-Advanced-options

Basically, for your first (or only) input, use "0" (but that's the
default, apparently). Or higher numbers for your further inputs.

If you only have one input, and chapters aren't being mapped, then
something else is not working.

Moritz

Re: aax to m4b with chapters

Max Blindenhoefer
>If you only have one input, and chapters aren't being mapped, then
>something else is not working.

Seems like there is another Problem: https://www.dropbox.com/s/64ezoryjwfyc8jh/aaxtom4b.txt?dl=0

Re: aax to m4b with chapters

Carl Zwanzig
On 2/26/2021 5:53 AM, Max Blindenhoefer wrote:
> Seems like there is another Problem

Please always post the complete/unedited command and the output; they tells
everyone exactly what you tried and how it went. Many people won't look to
another site for the info and it won't go into the mailing list archive.

(Also, remember not to "top-post" on this list; the reply goes after the
quoted text, not at the top)

z!

Re: aax to m4b with chapters

Max Blindenhoefer
The Problem is solved. I figured out that i had the „-activation_bytes“ in the wrong place. They have to be in before the Input file in the command line.