Quantcast

Verbosity

Viaduct Productions
Hi folks.  Quick question.  How do I turn off the verbosity of the
report?  -v is indicated as such:

  -v verbose
            Control amount of logging.

What are the parameters that this can take?  I've checked the man
ffmpeg and the docs, can't find anything.

Cheers

Rich in Toronto

Re: Verbosity

Stefano Sabatini
On date Monday 2008-01-21 17:07:20 -0500, Rich encoded:
> Hi folks.  Quick question.  How do I turn off the verbosity of the
> report?  -v is indicated as such:
>
>   -v verbose
>             Control amount of logging.
>

> What are the parameters that this can take?  I've checked the man
> ffmpeg and the docs, can't find anything.

Hi.

the verbose option in ffmpeg.c triggers the function:

static void opt_verbose(const char *arg)
{
    verbose = atoi(arg);
    av_log_set_level(atoi(arg));
}

default verbose level is 1.

while libavutil/log.h defines the verbosity level as:
#define AV_LOG_QUIET -1
#define AV_LOG_FATAL 0
#define AV_LOG_ERROR 0
#define AV_LOG_WARNING 1