Scene detection

Brenn H
I am working on a video archival project where we need to do some
scene detection.  Specifically, we want a jpg file of the first frame
of each new scene, for use as a storyboard.  I know ffmpeg has some
internal scene detection code.

how can I get ffmpeg to give me those frames?

I would also take segmenting the video whenever a new scene occurs.

Thank you so much!

Re: Scene detection

Yan Seiner

Brenn H
> I am working on a video archival project where we need to do some
> scene detection.  Specifically, we want a jpg file of the first frame
> of each new scene, for use as a storyboard.  I know ffmpeg has some
> internal scene detection code.
>
> how can I get ffmpeg to give me those frames?
>
> I would also take segmenting the video whenever a new scene occurs.

You could look at motion and see how they do the scene/motion detection.

Not much help, I know.

--Yan

--
Windows is like a canary in a coal mine, it's the first thing to die on
your network.

Re: Scene detection

Stefano Sabatini
On date Friday 2008-02-15 12:05:08 -0800, Yan Seiner encoded:

> Brenn H
> > I am working on a video archival project where we need to do some
> > scene detection.  Specifically, we want a jpg file of the first frame
> > of each new scene, for use as a storyboard.  I know ffmpeg has some
> > internal scene detection code.
> >
> > how can I get ffmpeg to give me those frames?
> >
> > I would also take segmenting the video whenever a new scene occurs.
>

> You could look at motion and see how they do the scene/motion detection.
>
> Not much help, I know.

This is turning to be a new FAQ entry.

Check this thread:
http://thread.gmane.org/430096.20005.qm@...

The Clean And General Solution (TM) would be to create a libavfilter
filter (the libavfilter introduction in FFmpeg SVN is being discussed
in these days on ffmpeg-devel).

Regards.
--
ffmpeg-user random tip #10