Same output bit depth and sampling frequency as input?

Same output bit depth and sampling frequency as input?

Marco Mircoli
Hello everybody,
 wondering how to set the same output audio specs (sample rate anche bit
depth) as input.

I tried like that

ffmpeg -i FILE_FROM -af dynaudnorm,loudnorm=I=-16.
5:TP=-1.5:LRA=7 -sample_fmt s16 -ar 44100 FILE_TO

if I have a 48KHZ input, the output is 44100, so doesn't work for my needs

Tried without

ffmpeg -i FILE_FROM -af dynaudnorm,loudnorm=I=-16.
5:TP=-1.5:LRA=7  FILE_TO

The result is: same bit depth of input file but 192Khz sample rate. (file
input sr is 48khz)

Anybody can give me a suggest?
Thanks,
S.

Re: Same output bit depth and sampling frequency as input?

Paul B Mahol
On Fri, Feb 12, 2021 at 12:48 AM Marco Mircoli <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello everybody,
>  wondering how to set the same output audio specs (sample rate anche bit
> depth) as input.
>
> I tried like that
>
> ffmpeg -i FILE_FROM -af dynaudnorm,loudnorm=I=-16.
> 5:TP=-1.5:LRA=7 -sample_fmt s16 -ar 44100 FILE_TO
>

> if I have a 48KHZ input, the output is 44100, so doesn't work for my needs
>
> Tried without
>

> ffmpeg -i FILE_FROM -af dynaudnorm,loudnorm=I=-16.
> 5:TP=-1.5:LRA=7  FILE_TO
>
> The result is: same bit depth of input file but 192Khz sample rate. (file
> input sr is 48khz)
>
> Anybody can give me a suggest?

Use shell scripting.

Also using those 2 filters at same time is entirely invalid and pointless.

> Thanks,
> S.

Re: Same output bit depth and sampling frequency as input?

Marco Mircoli
Il giorno ven 12 feb 2021 alle ore 10:53 Paul B Mahol <[hidden email]> ha
scritto:

> On Fri, Feb 12, 2021 at 12:48 AM Marco Mircoli <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> > Hello everybody,
> >  wondering how to set the same output audio specs (sample rate anche bit
> > depth) as input.
> >
> > I tried like that
> >
> > ffmpeg -i FILE_FROM -af dynaudnorm,loudnorm=I=-16.
> > 5:TP=-1.5:LRA=7 -sample_fmt s16 -ar 44100 FILE_TO
> >

> > if I have a 48KHZ input, the output is 44100, so doesn't work for my
> needs
> >
> > Tried without
> >

> > ffmpeg -i FILE_FROM -af dynaudnorm,loudnorm=I=-16.
> > 5:TP=-1.5:LRA=7  FILE_TO
> >
> > The result is: same bit depth of input file but 192Khz sample rate. (file
> > input sr is 48khz)
> >
> > Anybody can give me a suggest?
> >

> Use shell scripting.
>
> Also using those 2 filters at same time is entirely invalid and pointless.

Unfortunately, don't know ho to use shell. I'm a newbe. Any resource that
can help me to start with shell scriping?

ffmpeg -i FILE_FROM -af dynaudnorm,loudnorm=I=-16.5:TP=-1.5:LRA=7  FILE_TO

Cannot understand why this Is invalid.
1st filter (dynaudnorm), level the audio changing the volume every frame
window
2nd filter (loudnorm) set an offset to the gain to let the loudness go to
16.5lkfs

I've miss something?

Thanks.
S:

On Fri, Feb 12, 2021 at 7:17 PM Marco Mircoli <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Il giorno ven 12 feb 2021 alle ore 10:53 Paul B Mahol <[hidden email]>
> ha
> scritto:
>
> > On Fri, Feb 12, 2021 at 12:48 AM Marco Mircoli <[hidden email]>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > Hello everybody,
> > >  wondering how to set the same output audio specs (sample rate anche
> bit
> > > depth) as input.
> > >
> > > I tried like that
> > >
> > > ffmpeg -i FILE_FROM -af dynaudnorm,loudnorm=I=-16.
> > > 5:TP=-1.5:LRA=7 -sample_fmt s16 -ar 44100 FILE_TO
> > >

> > > if I have a 48KHZ input, the output is 44100, so doesn't work for my
> > needs
> > >
> > > Tried without
> > >

> > > ffmpeg -i FILE_FROM -af dynaudnorm,loudnorm=I=-16.
> > > 5:TP=-1.5:LRA=7  FILE_TO
> > >
> > > The result is: same bit depth of input file but 192Khz sample rate.
> (file
> > > input sr is 48khz)
> > >
> > > Anybody can give me a suggest?
> > >

> > Use shell scripting.
> >
> > Also using those 2 filters at same time is entirely invalid and
> pointless.
> >

> Unfortunately, don't know ho to use shell. I'm a newbe. Any resource that
> can help me to start with shell scriping?
>
> ffmpeg -i FILE_FROM -af dynaudnorm,loudnorm=I=-16.5:TP=-1.5:LRA=7  FILE_TO
>
> Cannot understand why this Is invalid.
> 1st filter (dynaudnorm), level the audio changing the volume every frame
> window
> 2nd filter (loudnorm) set an offset to the gain to let the loudness go to
> 16.5lkfs
>
> I've miss something?

Is there any difference when you remove dynaudnorm?

> Thanks.
> S:
>

> > > Thanks,
> > > S.

Re: Same output bit depth and sampling frequency as input?

Marco Mircoli
Yes, the result Is not leveled to the target loudness value

On Sun, Feb 14, 2021 at 12:01 PM Marco Mircoli <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Yes, the result Is not leveled to the target loudness value

Than that issue should be reported to our issue tracker, as loudnorm bug.

> Il Ven 12 Feb 2021, 19:26 Paul B Mahol <[hidden email]> ha scritto:
>
> > On Fri, Feb 12, 2021 at 7:17 PM Marco Mircoli <[hidden email]>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > Il giorno ven 12 feb 2021 alle ore 10:53 Paul B Mahol <
> [hidden email]>
> > > ha

> anche
> > > bit

> my

> > > (file

> > > pointless.
> > > >

> > > Unfortunately, don't know ho to use shell. I'm a newbe. Any resource
> that
> > > can help me to start with shell scriping?
> > >
> > > ffmpeg -i FILE_FROM -af dynaudnorm,loudnorm=I=-16.5:TP=-1.5:LRA=7
> > FILE_TO
> > >
> > > Cannot understand why this Is invalid.
> > > 1st filter (dynaudnorm), level the audio changing the volume every
> frame
> > > window
> > > 2nd filter (loudnorm) set an offset to the gain to let the loudness go
> > > 16.5lkfs
> > >
> > > I've miss something?
> > >

> > Is there any difference when you remove dynaudnorm?
> >

> > > Thanks.
> > > S:

Re: Same output bit depth and sampling frequency as input?

Marco Mircoli
I think it is not a bug.
It is normal that dynaudnorm and loudnorm gives differents results, they
are 2 different instruments and they have different parameters and actions.
Thanks.
S.

On Mon, Feb 15, 2021 at 5:03 PM Marco Mircoli <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I think it is not a bug.
> It is normal that dynaudnorm and loudnorm gives differents results, they
> are 2 different instruments and they have different parameters and actions.

I never claimed different. Using both filters at same time does not make
sense.