Repeatable output?

FFmpeg-users mailing list
When can I expect the output of ffmpeg to be byte-for-byte identical across runs given the same input and command-line flags?

When I do simple tests now I always see the same checksums, but I remember (sorry, short on details) often seeing different results with the same commands in the past.

Thanks!
Tom

Re: Repeatable output?

Carl Eugen Hoyos-2
Am Sa., 20. März 2021 um 22:10 Uhr schrieb amindfv--- via ffmpeg-user
<[hidden email]>:

> When can I expect the output of ffmpeg to be byte-for-byte identical
> across runs given the same input and command-line flags?

Command line and complete, uncut console output missing but "real"
encoders do not to produce deterministic output with threads > 1.

Carl Eugen