Removing black beams

FFmpeg-users mailing list
Because people have different resolutions there are sometimes black
beams to the side of a video. What is the best way to remove them?

So I cut my part out of the meeting.
Then there is left and right a black beam.
I want to create a video without them.
Best with automatic detection. (I expect the wide of the beams is
depending on the circumstances.)

For example:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bGpUX_mtws

--
Cecil Westerhof
Senior Software Engineer

Re: Removing black beams

Carl Eugen Hoyos-2
Am Fr., 26. März 2021 um 10:05 Uhr schrieb Cecil Westerhof via
ffmpeg-user <[hidden email]>:

> Because people have different resolutions there are sometimes black
> beams to the side of a video. What is the best way to remove them?

Did you test the cropdetect filter?
https://ffmpeg.org/ffmpeg-filters.html#cropdetect

Carl Eugen

Re: Removing black beams

FFmpeg-users mailing list
Carl Eugen Hoyos <[hidden email]> writes:

> Am Fr., 26. März 2021 um 10:05 Uhr schrieb Cecil Westerhof via
> ffmpeg-user <[hidden email]>:
>>
>> Because people have different resolutions there are sometimes black
>> beams to the side of a video. What is the best way to remove them?
>
> Did you test the cropdetect filter?
> https://ffmpeg.org/ffmpeg-filters.html#cropdetect

No, I did not know that. I only scratched the surface concerning
ffmpeg. I should set aside some serious time to get to know ffmpeg
better.

--
Cecil Westerhof
Senior Software Engineer