PTS/PCR re -calculation for Inserting one stream to other

PTS/PCR re -calculation for Inserting one stream to other

madhumitha b
Hi

In the current work, that i am involved is to insert one
stream ( assume as insert.mpg )to other stream(main.mpg) of MPEG-2
format,

This insert.mpg is an mpg created using ffmpeg of jpeg images with frame rate as 25fps,only I frames,bitrate 6Mbps.

Inserting
insert.mpg after some picture count in main.mpg ,but what happens is
since two streams are created independently the PTS/DTS/PCR is not
continuous creating problem while playing back in VLC player....when i
check the messages ,throws the error as expected saying PTS
discontinuity.

I want to know
how the PCR/PTS/DTS will be exactly calculated for the MPEG-2 Transport
streams so that i can modify the PTS/DTS/PCR after the insertion in the
code that i work on.

I am facing this problem for long time(almost 1 month!!!)..if somebody could help me to solve it would be really great!!

Regards
Madhumitha

      5, 50, 500, 5000 - Store N number of mails in your inbox. Go to http://help.yahoo.com/l/in/yahoo/mail/yahoomail/tools/tools-08.html

Re: PTS/PCR re -calculation for Inserting one stream to other

Michel Bardiaux-2
madhumitha b wrote:

> Hi
>
> In the current work, that i am involved is to insert one
> stream ( assume as insert.mpg )to other stream(main.mpg) of MPEG-2
> format,
>
> This insert.mpg is an mpg created using ffmpeg of jpeg images with frame rate as 25fps,only I frames,bitrate 6Mbps.
>
> Inserting
> insert.mpg after some picture count in main.mpg ,but what happens is
> since two streams are created independently the PTS/DTS/PCR is not
> continuous creating problem while playing back in VLC player....when i
> check the messages ,throws the error as expected saying PTS
> discontinuity.
>
> I want to know
> how the PCR/PTS/DTS will be exactly calculated for the MPEG-2 Transport
> streams so that i can modify the PTS/DTS/PCR after the insertion in the
> code that i work on.
>
> I am facing this problem for long time(almost 1 month!!!)..if somebody could help me to solve it would be really great!!

Look in the ffmpeg FAQ about concatenating videos.

--
Michel Bardiaux
R&D Director

Mediaxim NV/SA