How to add 1or more black frames @ the beginning and @ the end of a film with audio, without transcoding?.

Marco Mircoli
Hello,
   tried a lot of times, but nothing....I can't do it well.
Any advice?
The goal is to do it with a single command line.

Thanks.
S.

Re: How to add 1or more black frames @ the beginning and @ the end of a film with audio, without transcoding?.

Paul B Mahol
On Thu, Feb 18, 2021 at 11:33 AM Marco Mircoli <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello,
>    tried a lot of times, but nothing....I can't do it well.
> Any advice?
> The goal is to do it with a single command line.

Such advanced stuff for 0$ cost.

> Thanks.
> S.

Re: How to add 1or more black frames @ the beginning and @ the end of a film with audio, without transcoding?.

Marco Mircoli
Hello,
   I was just asking an help, something like...a weblink to something
similar I could adapt, an example.
I am a student, I am learning by myself. It's not easy, because online
there are not a lot of documentation about ffmpeg I can use to learn by
examples.
Thanks anyway.
S:

Il giorno gio 18 feb 2021 alle ore 12:02 Paul B Mahol <[hidden email]> ha
scritto:

> On Thu, Feb 18, 2021 at 11:33 AM Marco Mircoli <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> >    tried a lot of times, but nothing....I can't do it well.
> > Any advice?
> > The goal is to do it with a single command line.
> >

> Such advanced stuff for 0$ cost.
>

> > Thanks.
> > S.

Re: How to add 1or more black frames @ the beginning and @ the end of a film with audio, without transcoding?.

MediaMouth

> On Feb 18, 2021, at 03:32, Marco Mircoli <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hello,
>   I was just asking an help, something like...a weblink to something
> similar I could adapt, an example.
> I am a student, I am learning by myself. It's not easy, because online
> there are not a lot of documentation about ffmpeg I can use to learn by
> examples.
> Thanks anyway.
> S:

This is a smart question for a useful feature that I would make use of in a variety in professional post-production context.

Marco, thanks for posting.  I don't have an immediate solution but perhaps the concatenation feature using properly-dimensioned black still images might work

https://trac.ffmpeg.org/wiki/Concatenate

The ffmpeg gurus, will know better and likely have a genius solution.  Looking forward to seeing what comes of this.

Re: How to add 1or more black frames @ the beginning and @ the end of a film with audio, without transcoding?.

Marco Mircoli
I thing the easiest way would be:

to manipulate a frame of the video, reducing it to black, and pasti it @
beginning and @ end of the video
Of course, I don't know if ffmpeg has a easiest way.
Thanks
:S

Il giorno gio 18 feb 2021 alle ore 13:32 MediaMouth <[hidden email]>
ha scritto:

> > On Feb 18, 2021, at 03:32, Marco Mircoli <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > Hello,
> >   I was just asking an help, something like...a weblink to something
> > similar I could adapt, an example.
> > I am a student, I am learning by myself. It's not easy, because online
> > there are not a lot of documentation about ffmpeg I can use to learn by
> > examples.
> > Thanks anyway.
> > S:
>
> This is a smart question for a useful feature that I would make use of in
> a variety in professional post-production context.
>
> Marco, thanks for posting.  I don't have an immediate solution but perhaps
> the concatenation feature using properly-dimensioned black still images
> might work
>
> https://trac.ffmpeg.org/wiki/Concatenate
>
> The ffmpeg gurus, will know better and likely have a genius solution.
> Looking forward to seeing what comes of this.

Re: How to add 1or more black frames @ the beginning and @ the end of a film with audio, without transcoding?.

MediaMouth
Have you seen these?

https://ffmpeg.org/ffmpeg-filters.html#concat