Help with creating MP4 video with multiple audio tracks

Help with creating MP4 video with multiple audio tracks

FFmpeg-users mailing list
Hello,

I’m new to this, so I apologize if I’m missing something trivial. I need to create an .mp4 video output with multiple audio tracks in it. I run the command:

ffmpeg -i sample-mp4-file.mp4 -i hindi.aac -i tamil.aac -i telugu.aac -map 1 -map 2 -map 3 -metadata:s:a:0 language=eng -metadata:s:a:1 language=tam -metadata:s:a:2 language=tel -metadata:s:a:3 language=hin -codec copy multilanguage.mp4

However, the output includes only the multiple audio tracks with no video (0 kB) – see my  output results <https://i.stack.imgur.com/ejXrL.png>.

What am I doing wrong? Why am I always getting export missing the video? So far, I tried various .mp4 video files, and also MP3 format for audio tracks.

Any kind of help would be much appreciated.

Thank you.

Best regards,

Chiara

Re: Help with creating MP4 video with multiple audio tracks

Nicolas George
Chiara via ffmpeg-user (12021-01-18):

> I’m new to this, so I apologize if I’m missing something trivial. I
> need to create an .mp4 video output with multiple audio tracks in it.
> I run the command:
>
> ffmpeg -i sample-mp4-file.mp4 -i hindi.aac -i tamil.aac -i telugu.aac
> -map 1 -map 2 -map 3 -metadata:s:a:0 language=eng -metadata:s:a:1
> language=tam -metadata:s:a:2 language=tel -metadata:s:a:3 language=hin
> -codec copy multilanguage.mp4
>
> However, the output includes only the multiple audio tracks with no
> video (0 kB)

You have not mapped the video file.

  Nicolas George

Re: Help with creating MP4 video with multiple audio tracks

FFmpeg-users mailing list
Hi Nicolas,

Of course! Thank you very much, it works now.

Cheers,
Chiara

-

Chiara Rendeková

Marketing Assistant

+421 911 437 039 [hidden email]

Foliovision s.r.o. | Strelecká 2 - 81101 Bratislava - Slovakia