Getting alsa xruns when sending video to v4l2 device and alsa

Getting alsa xruns when sending video to v4l2 device and alsa

Jim Ruxton
Is there a way that I can avoid getting alsa buffer xruns when using the
following command to send a video to a v4l2 device and sound out to alsa.

ffmpeg -re -i VideoInput.m4v -map 0:v -pix_fmt yuyv422 -f v4l2
/dev/video0 -f alsa default

I tried sending sound to pulse instead as below which avoids xruns but
the sound and video are way out of sync.

ffmpeg -re -i VideoInput.m4v -map 0:v -pix_fmt yuyv422 -f v4l2
/dev/video0 -f pulse default

Thanks,

Jim