Feeding raw image bytes into ffmpeg rawvideo (via nodejs) fails with Invalid buffer size on linux only

Feeding raw image bytes into ffmpeg rawvideo (via nodejs) fails with Invalid buffer size on linux only

Ioannis Cherouvim
Hello

The full description of my problem is at
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/66060074/feeding-raw-image-bytes-into-ffmpeg-rawvideo-fails-with-invalid-buffer-size-on-l

I have a nodejs program which I use to render raw bytes and pipe them
like that into ffmpeg:

> node generate | ffmpeg -f rawvideo -pixel_format rgb24 -video_size 1000x1000 -i - test.png

For large images it always fails with: Invalid buffer size, packet
size 65536 < expected frame_size 3000000

I found out that on linux, the pipe buffer size is 65536, so probably
that's why it fails.

Since I can't seem to be able to raise the pipe buffer size, is there
a way to let ffmpeg know that it should wait until all bytes have been
received, or I explicitly cancel it via CTLR+C or something?

thanks