Crash in recoding UDP stream when use segment command

Crash in recoding UDP stream when use segment command

MEISA
When I recoding UDP stream with segment command, the log displays the following message:

Circular buffer overrun. To avoid, increase fifo_size URL option. To survive in such case, use overrun_nonfatal option

The machine configuration:
Intel (R) Xeon (R) CPU E5620 @2.40GHz 2.39 GHz
16.0G Memory

x64 Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise

The command I used is:

ffmpeg -y -i "udp://@225.1.2.2:6002?overrun_nonfatal=1" -t 24:00:00 -qcale:v 2 -alternate_scan 1 -f segment -segment_time 01:00:00 M:\\shoulu\\%04d.mxf"

There is a crash occured when the command tried to "segment" after running about 1 hour.
In addition, after I specify the fifo_size value by fifo_size=50000000, the crash disappeared.

And if I set fifo_size=500000000, the ffmpeg will crash when it starts.
Why does the problem occur? Anyone can explain the function of fifo_size?

Re: Crash in recoding UDP stream when use segment command

Carl Zwanzig
On 1/18/2021 8:44 PM, MEISA wrote:
> And if I set fifo_size=500000000, the ffmpeg will crash when it starts.
> Why does the problem occur?

When asking questions like this, you need to post the command output so
folks can examine it. And also you need to see if the crash happens when
using a recent build, preferably from the "git head".

See the list FAQ for more info about that-
https://ffmpeg.org/mailing-list-faq.html

z!