Combining Two Audio Files

Frank Pesek
Hi,

I have two audio (MP3) files.

I need to combine them - essentially overlay them with each other so when
the combined MP3 plays both tracks can be heard. I have dialog in one mp3
- and canned applause/laughter in another track - need to overlay them.

Can FFMPEG do this? Any other command-line Linux utility out there
(mencoder?)?

Thanks.

Frank Pesek

Re: Combining Two Audio Files

Ví­ctor Paesa
Hi,
Frank Pesek said:

> Hi,
>
> I have two audio (MP3) files.
>
> I need to combine them - essentially overlay them with each other so
> when the combined MP3 plays both tracks can be heard. I have dialog in
> one mp3 - and canned applause/laughter in another track - need to
> overlay them.
>
> Can FFMPEG do this?

I'm afraid not.

> Any other command-line Linux utility out there (mencoder?)?

sox

Regards,
Víctor