Can ffmpeg interface/use SVPflow?

Mark Filipak (ffmpeg)
Can ffmpeg interface/use SVPflow?

Details:
I think SVPflow is equivalent to minterpolate but unlike minterpolate, can utilize threads and GPUs.

--
I don't have a dog.
And furthermore, my dog doesn't bite.

Re: Can ffmpeg interface/use SVPflow?

Carl Eugen Hoyos-2
Am Fr., 5. Feb. 2021 um 20:19 Uhr schrieb Mark Filipak (ffmpeg)
<[hidden email]>:

> Can ffmpeg interface/use SVPflow?

Please read a little about OpenSource software and
please understand that OpenSource has nothing to
do with "no payment" or whatever you may be thinking
of.

Carl Eugen

On 02/05/2021 02:22 PM, Carl Eugen Hoyos wrote:

> Am Fr., 5. Feb. 2021 um 20:19 Uhr schrieb Mark Filipak (ffmpeg)
> <[hidden email]>:
>>
>> Can ffmpeg interface/use SVPflow?
>
> Please read a little about OpenSource software and
> please understand that OpenSource has nothing to
> do with "no payment" or whatever you may be thinking
> of.
>
> Carl Eugen

I'm not sure why you have responded that way.

To the best of my knowledge, for what it's worth, SVPflow is open source. SVPflow2 is closed source.

--
I don't have a dog.
And furthermore, my dog doesn't bite.
And furthermore, you provoked him.

Re: Can ffmpeg interface/use SVPflow?

Carl Eugen Hoyos-2
Am Fr., 5. Feb. 2021 um 21:00 Uhr schrieb Mark Filipak (ffmpeg)
<[hidden email]>:

> On 02/05/2021 02:22 PM, Carl Eugen Hoyos wrote:
> > Am Fr., 5. Feb. 2021 um 20:19 Uhr schrieb Mark Filipak (ffmpeg)
> > <[hidden email]>:
> >>
> >> Can ffmpeg interface/use SVPflow?
> >
> > Please read a little about OpenSource software and
> > please understand that OpenSource has nothing to
> > do with "no payment" or whatever you may be thinking
> > of.

> I'm not sure why you have responded that way.
>
> To the best of my knowledge, for what it's worth, SVPflow is
> open source. SVPflow2 is closed source.

You didn't provide a link and I only found a proprietary
library.
If there is an open-source variant that is better than
minterpolate: Patch probably welcome!

Carl Eugen

On 02/05/2021 03:43 PM, Carl Eugen Hoyos wrote:

> Am Fr., 5. Feb. 2021 um 21:00 Uhr schrieb Mark Filipak (ffmpeg)
> <[hidden email]>:
>>
>> On 02/05/2021 02:22 PM, Carl Eugen Hoyos wrote:

>>> Please read a little about OpenSource software and
>>> please understand that OpenSource has nothing to
>>> do with "no payment" or whatever you may be thinking
>>> of.
>
>> I'm not sure why you have responded that way.
>>
>> To the best of my knowledge, for what it's worth, SVPflow is
>> open source. SVPflow2 is closed source.
>
> You didn't provide a link and I only found a proprietary
> library.
> If there is an open-source variant that is better than
> minterpolate: Patch probably welcome!

Does that mean the answer to my question: "Can ffmpeg interface/use SVPflow?", is No?

--
I don't have a dog.
And furthermore, my dog doesn't bite.
And furthermore, you provoked him.

Re: Can ffmpeg interface/use SVPflow?

Paul B Mahol
On Fri, Feb 5, 2021 at 10:05 PM Mark Filipak (ffmpeg) <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> On 02/05/2021 03:43 PM, Carl Eugen Hoyos wrote:
> > Am Fr., 5. Feb. 2021 um 21:00 Uhr schrieb Mark Filipak (ffmpeg)
> > <[hidden email]>:

> >> I'm not sure why you have responded that way.
> >>
> >> To the best of my knowledge, for what it's worth, SVPflow is
> >> open source. SVPflow2 is closed source.
> >
> > You didn't provide a link and I only found a proprietary
> > library.
> > If there is an open-source variant that is better than
> > minterpolate: Patch probably welcome!
>
> Does that mean the answer to my question: "Can ffmpeg interface/use
> SVPflow?", is No?

That information is strictly confidential.

On 02/05/2021 04:13 PM, Paul B Mahol wrote:

> On Fri, Feb 5, 2021 at 10:05 PM Mark Filipak (ffmpeg) <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
>> On 02/05/2021 03:43 PM, Carl Eugen Hoyos wrote:

>>> You didn't provide a link and I only found a proprietary
>>> library.
>>> If there is an open-source variant that is better than
>>> minterpolate: Patch probably welcome!
>>
>> Does that mean the answer to my question: "Can ffmpeg interface/use
>> SVPflow?", is No?
>>

> That information is strictly confidential.

Hahaha... Do you see my signature line below, Paul? That applies to you guys.

--
I don't have a dog.
And furthermore, my dog doesn't bite.
And furthermore, you provoked him.

Re: Can ffmpeg interface/use SVPflow?

Paul B Mahol
On Fri, Feb 5, 2021 at 10:21 PM Mark Filipak (ffmpeg) <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> On 02/05/2021 04:13 PM, Paul B Mahol wrote:
> > On Fri, Feb 5, 2021 at 10:05 PM Mark Filipak (ffmpeg) <
> [hidden email]>
> > wrote:

> >> Does that mean the answer to my question: "Can ffmpeg interface/use
> >> SVPflow?", is No?
> >>

> > That information is strictly confidential.
>
> Hahaha... Do you see my signature line below, Paul? That applies to you
> guys.

If you know how to setup VS or AVS you would know.

On 02/05/2021 04:43 PM, Paul B Mahol wrote:

> On Fri, Feb 5, 2021 at 10:21 PM Mark Filipak (ffmpeg) <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
>> On 02/05/2021 04:13 PM, Paul B Mahol wrote:
>>> On Fri, Feb 5, 2021 at 10:05 PM Mark Filipak (ffmpeg) <
>> [hidden email]>

>>> That information is strictly confidential.
>>
>> Hahaha... Do you see my signature line below, Paul? That applies to you
>> guys.
>>

> If you know how to setup VS or AVS you would know.

What is "VS" and "AVS", Paul? What would I know? What the hell are you 'talking' about?

>> --
>> I don't have a dog.
>> And furthermore, my dog doesn't bite.
>> And furthermore, you provoked him.
> --
> I don't have a dog.
> And furthermore, my dog doesn't bite.
> And furthermore, you provoked him.--
I don't have a dog.
And furthermore, my dog doesn't bite.
And furthermore, you provoked him.

Re: Can ffmpeg interface/use SVPflow?

Paul B Mahol
On Fri, Feb 5, 2021 at 10:54 PM Mark Filipak (ffmpeg) <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> On 02/05/2021 04:43 PM, Paul B Mahol wrote:
> > On Fri, Feb 5, 2021 at 10:21 PM Mark Filipak (ffmpeg) <
> [hidden email]>
> > wrote:

> >> [hidden email]>

> >> Hahaha... Do you see my signature line below, Paul? That applies to you
> >> guys.
> >>

> > If you know how to setup VS or AVS you would know.
>
> What is "VS" and "AVS", Paul? What would I know? What the hell are you
> 'talking' about?

Ask your new friends on doom9 forum.

VS - Vapoursynth
AVS - AVIsynth

On 02/05/2021 04:55 PM, Paul B Mahol wrote:

> On Fri, Feb 5, 2021 at 10:54 PM Mark Filipak (ffmpeg) <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
>> On 02/05/2021 04:43 PM, Paul B Mahol wrote:
>>> On Fri, Feb 5, 2021 at 10:21 PM Mark Filipak (ffmpeg) <
>> [hidden email]>

>>> If you know how to setup VS or AVS you would know.
>>
>> What is "VS" and "AVS", Paul? What would I know? What the hell are you
>> 'talking' about?
>>

> Ask your new friends on doom9 forum.
>
> VS - Vapoursynth
> AVS - AVIsynth

My new friends? Paul, are you eating magic mushrooms?

No, I don't know how to set up VS or AVS.

>>> --
>>> I don't have a dog.
>>> And furthermore, my dog doesn't bite.
>>> And furthermore, you provoked him.--
>> -- >> I don't have a dog.
>> And furthermore, my dog doesn't bite.
>> And furthermore, you provoked him.
> --
> I don't have a dog.
> And furthermore, my dog doesn't bite.
> And furthermore, you provoked him.
--
I don't have a dog.
And furthermore, my dog doesn't bite.
And furthermore, you provoked him.

Re: Can ffmpeg interface/use SVPflow?

Paul B Mahol
On Fri, Feb 5, 2021 at 11:31 PM Mark Filipak (ffmpeg) <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> On 02/05/2021 04:55 PM, Paul B Mahol wrote:
> > On Fri, Feb 5, 2021 at 10:54 PM Mark Filipak (ffmpeg) <
> [hidden email]>
> > wrote:

> >> [hidden email]>

> you

> >> What is "VS" and "AVS", Paul? What would I know? What the hell are you
> >> 'talking' about?
> >>

> > Ask your new friends on doom9 forum.
> >
> > VS - Vapoursynth
> > AVS - AVIsynth
>
> My new friends? Paul, are you eating magic mushrooms?
>
> No, I don't know how to set up VS or AVS.

Their documentation is best one ever. You will learn everything in couple
of hours.

> >> -- >> I don't have a dog.
> >> And furthermore, my dog doesn't bite.
> >> And furthermore, you provoked him.
> > --
> > I don't have a dog.
> > And furthermore, my dog doesn't bite.
> > And furthermore, you provoked him.
> --
> I don't have a dog.
> And furthermore, my dog doesn't bite.
> And furthermore, you provoked him.

Re: Can ffmpeg interface/use SVPflow?

FFmpeg-users mailing list

    On Friday, 5 February 2021, 20:00:27 GMT, Mark Filipak (ffmpeg) <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Can ffmpeg interface/use SVPflow?
>
> Please read a little about OpenSource software and
> please understand that OpenSource has nothing to
> do with "no payment" or whatever you may be thinking
> of.
>
> Carl Eugen

For what it's worth I don't really understand that answer either.