Quantcast

Building man pages?

Andrew Strong
Hi,

I am compiling the latest svn ffmpeg with the following options:

./configure \
  --prefix=/usr \
  --mandir=/usr/man \
  --disable-debug \
  --enable-shared \
  --disable-static \
  --enable-pthreads \
  --enable-libtheora \
  --enable-libvorbis \
  --enable-gpl \
  --enable-pp \
  --enable-swscaler \
  --enable-x11grab \
  --enable-libmp3lame \
  --enable-libfaac \
  --enable-libfaad \
  --enable-libxvid \
  --enable-liba52 \
  --enable-libx264 \
  --enable-libamr-nb \
  --enable-libamr-wb \
  --enable-nonfree

and all compiles well but the man pages are not installed although I
can see them in the source code as doc/ffmpeg-doc.texi etc. What
program am I missing that allows the generation of man pages from
these documents during the install process? I am running Slackware 12
with:

andrew@ilium~$ tex --version
TeX 3.141592 (Web2C 7.5.4)
kpathsea version 3.5.4

Thanks for your trouble,

   Andrew

--
http://www.andrews-corner.org

Re: Building man pages?

Ví­ctor Paesa
Hi,

andrew said:

> Hi,
>
> I am compiling the latest svn ffmpeg with the following options:
>
> ./configure \
>   --prefix=/usr \
>   --mandir=/usr/man \
>   --disable-debug \
>   --enable-shared \
>   --disable-static \
>   --enable-pthreads \
>   --enable-libtheora \
>   --enable-libvorbis \
>   --enable-gpl \
>   --enable-pp \
>   --enable-swscaler \
>   --enable-x11grab \
>   --enable-libmp3lame \
>   --enable-libfaac \
>   --enable-libfaad \
>   --enable-libxvid \
>   --enable-liba52 \
>   --enable-libx264 \
>   --enable-libamr-nb \
>   --enable-libamr-wb \
>   --enable-nonfree
>
> and all compiles well but the man pages are not installed although I can
> see them in the source code as doc/ffmpeg-doc.texi etc. What
> program am I missing that allows the generation of man pages from
> these documents during the install process? I am running Slackware 12
> with:
>
> andrew@ilium~$ tex --version
> TeX 3.141592 (Web2C 7.5.4)
> kpathsea version 3.5.4

Run "make -n documentation", and check if you have all the executables
that make wants to invoke.

Regards,
Víctor

Re: Building man pages?

Andrew Strong
On Sat, Feb 23, 2008 at 09:38:54AM +0100, Víctor Paesa wrote:
> andrew said:
> > .... all compiles well but the man pages are not installed although I can
> > see them in the source code as doc/ffmpeg-doc.texi etc. What
> > program am I missing that allows the generation of man pages from
> > these documents during the install process? I am running Slackware 12

> Run "make -n documentation", and check if you have all the executables
> that make wants to invoke.

Thanks for that steer Victor that has solved my problem. I had the 2
rewuired programs but pod2man was in root's path and texi2html was
not, so the whole generation of docs was failing. Now corrected and
I now have no excuse not to RTFM :-)

   Andrew

--
http://www.andrews-corner.org