Quantcast

Adding a watermark

12

Adding a watermark

Kosta Vlotis-2
I would like to add a watermark to my videos using ffmpeg. i can't
find too much documention on how to do this. can anyone give me some
info and a command line example please?
\thanks

Re: Adding a watermark

Phil Scarratt
On 25/02/11 04:18, Kosta Vlotis wrote:
> I would like to add a watermark to my videos using ffmpeg. i can't
> find too much documention on how to do this. can anyone give me some
> info and a command line example please?
> \thanks

You need the overlay filter, for which you need a relatively recent
ffmpeg (read non official release) - ie most likely built yourself. You
likely also need the SoC libavfilter code patched into the ffmpeg to get
the overlay filter. The need for this may have changed recently - I
think that was one of the topics for the SoC 2011. If you do still need
it, download the libavfilter code, then follow their instructions to
build it.

Then adding something like

-vf movie=0:png:watermark.png;[in][wm] overlay=0:0:1 [out]

Should do it. There's a doc file in the ffmpeg source code tree under
doc about it.

Re: Adding a watermark

Stefano Sabatini
On date Friday 2011-02-25 09:40:20 +1100, Phil Scarratt encoded:

> On 25/02/11 04:18, Kosta Vlotis wrote:
> > I would like to add a watermark to my videos using ffmpeg. i can't
> > find too much documention on how to do this. can anyone give me some
> > info and a command line example please?
> > \thanks
>
> You need the overlay filter, for which you need a relatively recent
> ffmpeg (read non official release) - ie most likely built yourself. You
> likely also need the SoC libavfilter code patched into the ffmpeg to get
> the overlay filter. The need for this may have changed recently - I
> think that was one of the topics for the SoC 2011. If you do still need
> it, download the libavfilter code, then follow their instructions to
> build it.
>
> Then adding something like
>
> -vf movie=0:png:watermark.png;[in][wm] overlay=0:0:1 [out]
>
> Should do it. There's a doc file in the ffmpeg source code tree under
> doc about it.

The overlay filter and the movie source are both included in the
latest FFmpeg, no need to patch it. The movie source syntax changed,
check the updated documentation or web site docs for examples.

Re: Adding a watermark

Tim Nicholson
On 24/02/11 23:04, Stefano Sabatini wrote:

> On date Friday 2011-02-25 09:40:20 +1100, Phil Scarratt encoded:
>> On 25/02/11 04:18, Kosta Vlotis wrote:
>>> I would like to add a watermark to my videos using ffmpeg. i can't
>>> find too much documention on how to do this. can anyone give me some
>>> info and a command line example please?
>>> \thanks
>>
>> You need the overlay filter, for which you need a relatively recent
>> ffmpeg (read non official release) - ie most likely built yourself. You
>> likely also need the SoC libavfilter code patched into the ffmpeg to get
>> the overlay filter. The need for this may have changed recently - I
>> think that was one of the topics for the SoC 2011. If you do still need
>> it, download the libavfilter code, then follow their instructions to
>> build it.
>>
>> Then adding something like
>>
>> -vf movie=0:png:watermark.png;[in][wm] overlay=0:0:1 [out]
>>
>> Should do it. There's a doc file in the ffmpeg source code tree under
>> doc about it.
>
> The overlay filter and the movie source are both included in the
> latest FFmpeg, no need to patch it. The movie source syntax changed,
> check the updated documentation or web site docs for examples.

One word of warning. If you use a png file for the watermark the
transparency information is not used if you use an indexed png. RGB is
fine though. (Unless that is now fixed and I missed it in the commits..)

I used for testing (using the new syntax):-

ffmpeg -i in.avi  -threads 0\
-vf "movie=logo-rgb.png [logo]; [in][logo]
overlay=10:main_h-overlay_h-10 [out]" \
-vcodec dvvideo -s 720x576 -an -y out.mov

--
Tim

http://www.bbc.co.uk/

Re: Adding a watermark

Kosta Vlotis-2
On Fri, Feb 25, 2011 at 4:34 AM, Tim Nicholson <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 24/02/11 23:04, Stefano Sabatini wrote:
>>>
>>> You need the overlay filter, for which you need a relatively recent
>>> ffmpeg (read non official release) - ie most likely built yourself. You
>>> likely also need the SoC libavfilter code patched into the ffmpeg to get
>>> the overlay filter. The need for this may have changed recently - I
>>> think that was one of the topics for the SoC 2011. If you do still need
>>> it, download the libavfilter code, then follow their instructions to
>>> build it.
>>>
>>> Then adding something like
>>>
>>> -vf movie=0:png:watermark.png;[in][wm] overlay=0:0:1 [out]
>>>
>>> Should do it. There's a doc file in the ffmpeg source code tree under
>>> doc about it.
>>
>> The overlay filter and the movie source are both included in the
>> latest FFmpeg, no need to patch it. The movie source syntax changed,
>> check the updated documentation or web site docs for examples.
>
> One word of warning. If you use a png file for the watermark the
> transparency information is not used if you use an indexed png. RGB is
> fine though. (Unless that is now fixed and I missed it in the commits..)
>
> I used for testing (using the new syntax):-
>
> ffmpeg -i in.avi  -threads 0\
> -vf "movie=logo-rgb.png [logo]; [in][logo]
> overlay=10:main_h-overlay_h-10 [out]" \
> -vcodec dvvideo -s 720x576 -an -y out.mov
>

> --
> Tim
>
> http://www.bbc.co.uk/
> This e-mail (and any attachments) is confidential and may contain personal views which are not the views of the BBC unless specifically stated.
> Do not use, copy or disclose the information in any way nor act in reliance on it and notify the sender immediately.

So since it's built into the latest ffmpeg, i should be able to use
any of the latest autobuilds (im having trouble compiling for
windows.. it compiled great on my ubuntu machine... but i need this on
windows for now)

Re: Adding a watermark

Tim Nicholson
On 25/02/11 15:17, Kosta Vlotis wrote:

> On Fri, Feb 25, 2011 at 4:34 AM, Tim Nicholson <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> On 24/02/11 23:04, Stefano Sabatini wrote:
>>> On date Friday 2011-02-25 09:40:20 +1100, Phil Scarratt encoded:

>>> The overlay filter and the movie source are both included in the
>>> latest FFmpeg, no need to patch it. The movie source syntax changed,
>>> check the updated documentation or web site docs for examples.
>>
>> One word of warning. If you use a png file for the watermark the
>> transparency information is not used if you use an indexed png. RGB is
>> fine though. (Unless that is now fixed and I missed it in the commits..)
>>
>> I used for testing (using the new syntax):-
>>
>> ffmpeg -i in.avi  -threads 0\
>> -vf "movie=logo-rgb.png [logo]; [in][logo]
>> overlay=10:main_h-overlay_h-10 [out]" \
>> -vcodec dvvideo -s 720x576 -an -y out.mov
>>

>> --
>> Tim

> So since it's built into the latest ffmpeg, i should be able to use
> any of the latest autobuilds (im having trouble compiling for
> windows.. it compiled great on my ubuntu machine... but i need this on
> windows for now)

Since moving to GIT the ordinary autobuilds seem to have stopped.
however I did find that http://www.shragle.com/folder/f2f83fcc had a
recent enough windows version that included the movie filter.

--
Tim

http://www.bbc.co.uk/

Buying License for FFMPEG

gireesh.gaonkar
This might be a dumb question... But nevertheless...

I am putting a hosted end to end web content management solution for
together for a large manufacturing customer head quartered in Luxemborg
for their corporate internet websites. In this regard, I wanted to know
any license / services cost for procuring FFMPEG video conversion as
part of my solution

My bid is to be submitted on 5th of March 2011, so would request you to
kindly respond with the contact details asap.

Thanks,

Regards
Gireesh Gaonkar
Business Technology Services
WIPRO Technologies, 3 Sheldon Square, West Wing, Level 2, London, W2 6PS
W: Mob +447825601401  : [hidden email] | URL: www.wipro.com

<[hidden email]> wrote:
>> On 24/02/11 23:04, Stefano Sabatini wrote:
>>> On date Friday 2011-02-25 09:40:20 +1100, Phil Scarratt encoded:

You

>>> The overlay filter and the movie source are both included in the
>>> latest FFmpeg, no need to patch it. The movie source syntax changed,
>>> check the updated documentation or web site docs for examples.
>>
>> One word of warning. If you use a png file for the watermark the
>> transparency information is not used if you use an indexed png. RGB
is
>> fine though. (Unless that is now fixed and I missed it in the
commits..)

>> I used for testing (using the new syntax):-
>>
>> ffmpeg -i in.avi  -threads 0\
>> -vf "movie=logo-rgb.png [logo]; [in][logo]
>> overlay=10:main_h-overlay_h-10 [out]" \
>> -vcodec dvvideo -s 720x576 -an -y out.mov
>>

>> --
>> Tim

> So since it's built into the latest ffmpeg, i should be able to use
> any of the latest autobuilds (im having trouble compiling for
> windows.. it compiled great on my ubuntu machine... but i need this on
> windows for now)

Since moving to GIT the ordinary autobuilds seem to have stopped.
however I did find that http://www.shragle.com/folder/f2f83fcc had a
recent enough windows version that included the movie filter.

--
Tim

http://www.bbc.co.uk/
stated.
reliance on it and notify the sender immediately.

Wipro Limited (Company Regn No in UK FC 019088)
Address: Level 2, West wing, 3 Sheldon Square, London W2 6PS, United Kingdom. Tel +44 20 7432 8500 Fax: +44 20 7286 5703

VAT Number: 563 1964 27

(Branch of Wipro Limited (Incorporated in India at Bangalore with limited liability vide Reg no L99999KA1945PLC02800 with Registrar of Companies at Bangalore, India. Authorized share capital  Rs 5550 mn))

www.wipro.com

Re: Buying License for FFMPEG

Ronald S. Bultje-3
Hi Gireesh,

On Fri, Feb 25, 2011 at 11:34 AM,  <[hidden email]> wrote:
> This might be a dumb question... But nevertheless...
>
> I am putting a hosted end to end web content management solution for
> together for a large manufacturing customer head quartered in Luxemborg
> for their corporate internet websites. In this regard, I wanted to know
> any license / services cost for procuring FFMPEG video conversion as
> part of my solution

Please don't hijack threads.

FFmpeg is free software and can be used under the terms of the LGPL or
GPL, depending on your configure options. We do not provide patent
licenses and make no claims about their appliccability.

See http://ffmpeg.org/legal.html for more info.

Ronald

Re: Adding a watermark

Kosta Vlotis-2
On Fri, Feb 25, 2011 at 11:16 AM, Tim Nicholson <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 25/02/11 15:17, Kosta Vlotis wrote:

>>> One word of warning. If you use a png file for the watermark the
>>> transparency information is not used if you use an indexed png. RGB is
>>> fine though. (Unless that is now fixed and I missed it in the commits..)
>>>
>>> I used for testing (using the new syntax):-
>>>
>>> ffmpeg -i in.avi  -threads 0\
>>> -vf "movie=logo-rgb.png [logo]; [in][logo]
>>> overlay=10:main_h-overlay_h-10 [out]" \
>>> -vcodec dvvideo -s 720x576 -an -y out.mov
>>>

>>> --
>>> Tim
>

>> So since it's built into the latest ffmpeg, i should be able to use
>> any of the latest autobuilds (im having trouble compiling for
>> windows.. it compiled great on my ubuntu machine... but i need this on
>> windows for now)
>
> Since moving to GIT the ordinary autobuilds seem to have stopped.
> however I did find that http://www.shragle.com/folder/f2f83fcc had a
> recent enough windows version that included the movie filter.
>
> --
> Tim
>
> http://www.bbc.co.uk/
> This e-mail (and any attachments) is confidential and may contain personal views which are not the views of the BBC unless specifically stated.
> Do not use, copy or disclose the information in any way nor act in reliance on it and notify the sender immediately.

i just tried downloading from the shragle.com link, i still get:
No such filter: 'movie'
Error opening filters!

Re: Adding a watermark

Kosta Vlotis-2
On Fri, Feb 25, 2011 at 4:19 PM, Kosta Vlotis <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Fri, Feb 25, 2011 at 11:16 AM, Tim Nicholson <[hidden email]> wrote:

>>> So since it's built into the latest ffmpeg, i should be able to use
>>> any of the latest autobuilds (im having trouble compiling for
>>> windows.. it compiled great on my ubuntu machine... but i need this on
>>> windows for now)
>>
>> Since moving to GIT the ordinary autobuilds seem to have stopped.
>> however I did find that http://www.shragle.com/folder/f2f83fcc had a
>> recent enough windows version that included the movie filter.
>>
>> --
>> Tim
>>
>> http://www.bbc.co.uk/
>> This e-mail (and any attachments) is confidential and may contain personal views which are not the views of the BBC unless specifically stated.
>> If you have received it in error, please delete it from your system.
>> Do not use, copy or disclose the information in any way nor act in reliance on it and notify the sender immediately.
>> Please note that the BBC monitors e-mails sent or received.
>> Further communication will signify your consent to this.

> i just tried downloading from the shragle.com link, i still get:
> No such filter: 'movie'
> Error opening filters!

UPDATE: i just tried another version. i got the following error:
[movie @ 0x14ad0f0] Missing key or no key/value separator found after key 'png:c
:logo.png'
[movie @ 0x14ad080] Error parsing options string: 'png:c:logo.png'
Error initializing filter 'movie' with args '0:png:c:logo.png'

i guess this is just an error in my command line?

Re: Adding a watermark

Stefano Sabatini
On date Friday 2011-02-25 16:23:52 -0500, Kosta Vlotis encoded:
> UPDATE: i just tried another version. i got the following error:
> [movie @ 0x14ad0f0] Missing key or no key/value separator found after key 'png:c
> :logo.png'
> [movie @ 0x14ad080] Error parsing options string: 'png:c:logo.png'
> Error initializing filter 'movie' with args '0:png:c:logo.png'
>
> i guess this is just an error in my command line?

Yes, check the fine docs.
--
ffmpeg-user random tip #6
Please follow netiquette rules while posting to ffmpeg-user:

Re: Buying License for FFMPEG

Icarus Alive
On Fri, Feb 25, 2011 at 10:42 PM, Ronald S. Bultje <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Gireesh,
>
> On Fri, Feb 25, 2011 at 11:34 AM,  <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> This might be a dumb question... But nevertheless...
>>
>> I am putting a hosted end to end web content management solution for
>> together for a large manufacturing customer head quartered in Luxemborg
>> for their corporate internet websites. In this regard, I wanted to know
>> any license / services cost for procuring FFMPEG video conversion as
>> part of my solution
>
> Please don't hijack threads.

1+ (hijacking threads is bad for everyone, including you). You might
not get the attention and answers you might otherwise, both because it
offends most people and causes threaded-reading confusion.

> FFmpeg is free software and can be used under the terms of the LGPL or
> GPL, depending on your configure options. We do not provide patent
> licenses and make no claims about their appliccability.
>
> See http://ffmpeg.org/legal.html for more info.

H.263, H.264, MPEG4, AMR, AAC with all their variants are a patent
minefield. There are few organizations acting as umbrella outfits with
patent-pools under their belt, with whom you enter the commercial
arrangement to get unfettered access to the patents in their pool, but
that might not be sufficient (e.g. case of H.263 and Lucent sueing
Microsoft etc.) Basically they don't indemnify you against all patent
claims that might be related to the codec in question, but only
against those in their pool. This is a very tricky area, especially
when you are talking of a commercial venture.

cheers,
I++.

Re: Adding a watermark

Tim Nicholson
On 25/02/11 23:23, Stefano Sabatini wrote:

> On date Friday 2011-02-25 16:23:52 -0500, Kosta Vlotis encoded:
>> UPDATE: i just tried another version. i got the following error:
>> [movie @ 0x14ad0f0] Missing key or no key/value separator found after key 'png:c
>> :logo.png'
>> [movie @ 0x14ad080] Error parsing options string: 'png:c:logo.png'
>> Error initializing filter 'movie' with args '0:png:c:logo.png'
>>
>> i guess this is just an error in my command line?
>
> Yes, check the fine docs.

Or use my example as quoted in your previous reply.....

--
Tim

http://www.bbc.co.uk/

Re: Adding a watermark

Kosta Vlotis-2
On Mon, Feb 28, 2011 at 6:46 AM, Tim Nicholson <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 25/02/11 23:23, Stefano Sabatini wrote:
>> On date Friday 2011-02-25 16:23:52 -0500, Kosta Vlotis encoded:
>>> UPDATE: i just tried another version. i got the following error:
>>> [movie @ 0x14ad0f0] Missing key or no key/value separator found after key 'png:c
>>> :logo.png'
>>> [movie @ 0x14ad080] Error parsing options string: 'png:c:logo.png'
>>> Error initializing filter 'movie' with args '0:png:c:logo.png'
>>>
>>> i guess this is just an error in my command line?
>>
>> Yes, check the fine docs.
>
> Or use my example as quoted in your previous reply.....
>
> --
> Tim
>
> http://www.bbc.co.uk/
> This e-mail (and any attachments) is confidential and may contain personal views which are not the views of the BBC unless specifically stated.
> Do not use, copy or disclose the information in any way nor act in reliance on it and notify the sender immediately.

thanks for all your help. i saw the example but the problem is that i
have no idea how to apply it. i searched the docs but i'm either blind
or im not looking in the correct place because i cannot find any
reference to watermarking. searched the docs on the site and in the
rar file (like i said earlier, i'm downloading pre compiled versions
of ffmpeg for windows). i'm still lost as to how to apply your
example.

this is what i have so far:
C:\Users\kosta.MANSEFV2>ffmpeg -i "Desktop\bgb_candy_alexa_trailer_
SOURCE.MP4" -sameq -vf "movie=0:png:logo.png;[in][wm] overlay=0:0:1
[out]" e:\vid.mp4

what am i doing wrong?

Re: Adding a watermark

Tim Nicholson
On 28/02/11 15:42, Kosta Vlotis wrote:

> On Mon, Feb 28, 2011 at 6:46 AM, Tim Nicholson <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> On 25/02/11 23:23, Stefano Sabatini wrote:
>>> On date Friday 2011-02-25 16:23:52 -0500, Kosta Vlotis encoded:

>>> Yes, check the fine docs.
>>
>> Or use my example as quoted in your previous reply.....
>>
>> --
>> Tim

> thanks for all your help. i saw the example but the problem is that i
> have no idea how to apply it. i searched the docs but i'm either blind
> or im not looking in the correct place because i cannot find any
> reference to watermarking. searched the docs on the site and in the
> rar file (like i said earlier, i'm downloading pre compiled versions
> of ffmpeg for windows). i'm still lost as to how to apply your
> example.
>
> this is what i have so far:
> C:\Users\kosta.MANSEFV2>ffmpeg -i "Desktop\bgb_candy_alexa_trailer_
> SOURCE.MP4" -sameq -vf "movie=0:png:logo.png;[in][wm] overlay=0:0:1
> [out]" e:\vid.mp4
>
> what am i doing wrong?

You are not using the same syntax as the example:-
yours below
-vf "movie=0:png:logo.png;[in][wm] overlay=0:0:1 [out]"
-vf "movie=logo.png [logo]; [in][logo] overlay=0:0 [out]"
mine above (adjusted to match your position and filename)

--
Tim

http://www.bbc.co.uk/

Re: Adding a watermark

Stefano Sabatini
[...]

http://ffmpeg.org/ffmpeg.html#SEC113
--
ffmpeg-user random tip #5
FFmpeg documentation:

Re: Adding a watermark

Kosta Vlotis-2
On Mon, Feb 28, 2011 at 11:17 AM, Stefano Sabatini
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> On date Monday 2011-02-28 16:08:26 +0000, Tim Nicholson encoded:
>> On 28/02/11 15:42, Kosta Vlotis wrote:
> [...]
>> > thanks for all your help. i saw the example but the problem is that i
>> > have no idea how to apply it. i searched the docs but i'm either blind
>> > or im not looking in the correct place because i cannot find any
>> > reference to watermarking. searched the docs on the site and in the
>> > rar file (like i said earlier, i'm downloading pre compiled versions
>> > of ffmpeg for windows). i'm still lost as to how to apply your
>> > example.
>> >
>> > this is what i have so far:
>> > C:\Users\kosta.MANSEFV2>ffmpeg -i "Desktop\bgb_candy_alexa_trailer_
>> > SOURCE.MP4" -sameq -vf "movie=0:png:logo.png;[in][wm] overlay=0:0:1
>> > [out]" e:\vid.mp4
>> >
>> > what am i doing wrong?
>>
>> You are not using the same syntax as the example:-
>> yours below
>> -vf "movie=0:png:logo.png;[in][wm] overlay=0:0:1 [out]"
>> -vf "movie=logo.png [logo]; [in][logo] overlay=0:0 [out]"
>> mine above (adjusted to match your position and filename)
>
> http://ffmpeg.org/ffmpeg.html#SEC113
> --
> ffmpeg-user random tip #5
> FFmpeg documentation:
> http://www.ffmpeg.org/documentation.html

i dont understand what [logo], [in], [out]. this is possible i stupid
question to you guys.. but i just don't find it is explained clearly
anywhere. should i be putting paths to files here? (path to watermark
in place of [logo]. path to input video in place of [in] and path to
output in place of [out].

my latest test give me this error:
[movie @ 0x162e170] Failed to av_open_input_file 'logo.png'
Error initializing filter 'movie' with args 'logo.png'

this was my command line:

ffmpeg -i "Desktop\bgb_candy_alexa_trailer_ SOURCE.MP4" -sameq -vf
"movie=logo.png [c:\ffmpeg\logo.png]; [in][logo] overlay=0:0 [out]"
Desktop\bgb_candy_alexa_trailer_outoutout.MP4"

Re: Adding a watermark

Mark Himsley
On 28/02/11 16:53, Kosta Vlotis wrote:

> On Mon, Feb 28, 2011 at 11:17 AM, Stefano Sabatini
> <[hidden email]>  wrote:
>> On date Monday 2011-02-28 16:08:26 +0000, Tim Nicholson encoded:
>>> On 28/02/11 15:42, Kosta Vlotis wrote:
>> [...]
>>>
>>> You are not using the same syntax as the example:-
>>> yours below
>>> -vf "movie=0:png:logo.png;[in][wm] overlay=0:0:1 [out]"
>>> -vf "movie=logo.png [logo]; [in][logo] overlay=0:0 [out]"
>>> mine above (adjusted to match your position and filename)
>>
>> http://ffmpeg.org/ffmpeg.html#SEC113
>> --
>> ffmpeg-user random tip #5
>> FFmpeg documentation:
>> http://www.ffmpeg.org/documentation.html
>>

> i dont understand what [logo], [in], [out]. this is possible i stupid
> question to you guys.. but i just don't find it is explained clearly
> anywhere. should i be putting paths to files here? (path to watermark
> in place of [logo]. path to input video in place of [in] and path to
> output in place of [out].
>
> my latest test give me this error:
> [movie @ 0x162e170] Failed to av_open_input_file 'logo.png'
> Error initializing filter 'movie' with args 'logo.png'
>
> this was my command line:
>
> ffmpeg -i "Desktop\bgb_candy_alexa_trailer_ SOURCE.MP4" -sameq -vf
> "movie=logo.png [c:\ffmpeg\logo.png]; [in][logo] overlay=0:0 [out]"
> Desktop\bgb_candy_alexa_trailer_outoutout.MP4"

You are misunderstanding Tim's command line, especially what [in],[logo]
and [out] are.

Tim quoted the EXACT -vf command that you needed

-vf "movie=logo.png [logo]; [in][logo] overlay=0:0 [out]"

Which means:

  movie=logo.png [logo];
                          defines that logo.png is your overlay movie
                          and it is called [logo] in the filter

  [in][logo] overlay=0:0 [out]
                          defines that the input source file has the
                          movie called [logo] overlayed at x:y
                          position 0:0, and sends it to the filter output

Hope that's clear now :-)

--
Mark

Re: Adding a watermark

Phil Scarratt
On 01/03/11 04:45, Mark Himsley wrote:
> On 28/02/11 16:53, Kosta Vlotis wrote:
>> On Mon, Feb 28, 2011 at 11:17 AM, Stefano Sabatini
>> <[hidden email]>  wrote:
<SNIP/>

>> i dont understand what [logo], [in], [out]. this is possible i stupid
>> question to you guys.. but i just don't find it is explained clearly
>> anywhere. should i be putting paths to files here? (path to watermark
>> in place of [logo]. path to input video in place of [in] and path to
>> output in place of [out].
>>
>> my latest test give me this error:
>> [movie @ 0x162e170] Failed to av_open_input_file 'logo.png'
>> Error initializing filter 'movie' with args 'logo.png'
>>
>> this was my command line:
>>
>> ffmpeg -i "Desktop\bgb_candy_alexa_trailer_ SOURCE.MP4" -sameq -vf
>> "movie=logo.png [c:\ffmpeg\logo.png]; [in][logo] overlay=0:0 [out]"
>> Desktop\bgb_candy_alexa_trailer_outoutout.MP4"
>
> You are misunderstanding Tim's command line, especially what [in],[logo]
> and [out] are.
>
> Tim quoted the EXACT -vf command that you needed
>
> -vf "movie=logo.png [logo]; [in][logo] overlay=0:0 [out]"
>
> Which means:
>
>  movie=logo.png [logo];
>                          defines that logo.png is your overlay movie
>                          and it is called [logo] in the filter
>
>  [in][logo] overlay=0:0 [out]
>                          defines that the input source file has the
>                          movie called [logo] overlayed at x:y
>                          position 0:0, and sends it to the filter output
>
> Hope that's clear now :-)

logo.png should be the full path to the watermark file you want. As it
stands, it assumes logo.png is in the current directory. The bits in []
are kind of like labels. So it takes a thing (movie source) called
[logo] and applies it using the overlay filter x:y coordinates 0:0 to
the source called [in] and labels that result [out].

Re: Adding a watermark

Kosta Vlotis-2
On Mon, Feb 28, 2011 at 5:50 PM, Phil Scarratt <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 01/03/11 04:45, Mark Himsley wrote:
>> On 28/02/11 16:53, Kosta Vlotis wrote:
>>> On Mon, Feb 28, 2011 at 11:17 AM, Stefano Sabatini
>>> <[hidden email]>  wrote:
> <SNIP/>
>>>

>>> i dont understand what [logo], [in], [out]. this is possible i stupid
>>> question to you guys.. but i just don't find it is explained clearly
>>> anywhere. should i be putting paths to files here? (path to watermark
>>> in place of [logo]. path to input video in place of [in] and path to
>>> output in place of [out].
>>>
>>> my latest test give me this error:
>>> [movie @ 0x162e170] Failed to av_open_input_file 'logo.png'
>>> Error initializing filter 'movie' with args 'logo.png'
>>>
>>> this was my command line:
>>>
>>> ffmpeg -i "Desktop\bgb_candy_alexa_trailer_ SOURCE.MP4" -sameq -vf
>>> "movie=logo.png [c:\ffmpeg\logo.png]; [in][logo] overlay=0:0 [out]"
>>> Desktop\bgb_candy_alexa_trailer_outoutout.MP4"
>>
>> You are misunderstanding Tim's command line, especially what [in],[logo]
>> and [out] are.
>>
>> Tim quoted the EXACT -vf command that you needed
>>
>> -vf "movie=logo.png [logo]; [in][logo] overlay=0:0 [out]"
>>
>> Which means:
>>
>>  movie=logo.png [logo];
>>                          defines that logo.png is your overlay movie
>>                          and it is called [logo] in the filter
>>
>>  [in][logo] overlay=0:0 [out]
>>                          defines that the input source file has the
>>                          movie called [logo] overlayed at x:y
>>                          position 0:0, and sends it to the filter output
>>
>> Hope that's clear now :-)
>>

> logo.png should be the full path to the watermark file you want. As it
> stands, it assumes logo.png is in the current directory. The bits in []
> are kind of like labels. So it takes a thing (movie source) called
> [logo] and applies it using the overlay filter x:y coordinates 0:0 to
> the source called [in] and labels that result [out].

Thanks! thats exactly what i needed to know. unfortunately i am still
getting errors..

C:\Users\kosta.MANSEFV2>ffmpeg -i "Desktop\bgb_candy_alexa_trailer_ SOURCE.MP4"
-sameq -vf "movie=logo.png [logo]; [in][logo] overlay=0:0 [out]" "Desktop\bgb_ca
ndy_alexa_trailer_outoutout.MP4"
FFmpeg version git-7e06e0e, Copyright (c) 2000-2011 the FFmpeg developers
  built on Feb 25 2011 18:03:29 with gcc 4.5.0 20100414 (Fedora MinGW 4.5.0-1.fc
14)
  configuration: --prefix=/var/www/users/research/ffmpeg/snapshots/build --arch=
x86 --target-os=mingw32 --cross-prefix=i686-pc-mingw32- --cc='ccache i686-pc-min
gw32-gcc' --enable-w32threads --enable-memalign-hack --enable-runtime-cpudetect
--enable-cross-compile --enable-static --disable-shared --extra-libs='-lws2_32 -
lwinmm' --extra-cflags='--static -I/var/www/users/research/ffmpeg/snapshots/buil
d/include' --extra-ldflags='-static -L/var/www/users/research/ffmpeg/snapshots/b
uild/lib' --enable-bzlib --enable-zlib --enable-gpl --enable-version3 --enable-n
onfree --enable-libx264 --enable-libspeex --enable-libtheora --enable-libvorbis
--enable-libfaac --enable-libxvid --enable-libopencore-amrnb --enable-libopencor
e-amrwb --enable-libmp3lame --enable-libvpx --disable-decoder=libvpx
  libavutil    50. 39. 0 / 50. 39. 0
  libavcodec   52.113. 1 / 52.113. 1
  libavformat  52.102. 0 / 52.102. 0
  libavdevice  52.  2. 3 / 52.  2. 3
  libavfilter   1. 76. 0 /  1. 76. 0
  libswscale    0. 12. 0 /  0. 12. 0
Input #0, mov,mp4,m4a,3gp,3g2,mj2, from 'Desktop\bgb_candy_alexa_trailer_ SOURCE
.MP4':
  Metadata:
    major_brand     : mp42
    minor_version   : 0
    compatible_brands: mp42
    creation_time   : 2011-01-26 22:45:56
  Duration: 00:00:53.88, start: 0.000000, bitrate: 30451 kb/s
    Stream #0.0(eng): Video: mpeg2video, yuv420p, 1920x1080 [PAR 1:1 DAR 16:9],
35000 kb/s, 29.97 fps, 29.97 tbr, 30k tbn, 59.94 tbc
    Metadata:
      creation_time   : 2011-01-26 22:45:56
    Stream #0.1(eng): Audio: pcm_s16be, 48000 Hz, 2 channels, s16, 1536 kb/s
    Metadata:
      creation_time   : 2011-01-26 22:45:56
File 'Desktop\bgb_candy_alexa_trailer_outoutout.MP4' already exists. Overwrite ?
 [y/N] y
[buffer @ 0x172f3f0] w:1920 h:1080 pixfmt:yuv420p
[image2 @ 0x161e010] Could not find codec parameters (Video: [0][0][0][0] / 0x00
00, yuv420p)